Awning take several times to start retracting.

zolman

I have a 2020 Cyclone 3600. From the first time I tried 2 of the 4 awnings, when they are extended, to retract them I have to use the "in" switch 4-8 times to get them past a rotation and retract all the way. Since it's under warranty I've had it in for repair twice. Both times the service techs say they cannot duplicate the awnings retracting improperly. I'm afraid they are going to get stuck in the out position. They take a 1/2 - 3/4
turn and stop the rolling action. I have to take them out all the way and retract again, over and over until they finally get past the point they have stalled at.

They say the wiring is OK and they work perfectly for them??? They have never worked for me, any time I have taken the RV on a trip?????

I pick the RV up this week. Any suggestions? Has anyone else had this problem?

danemayer

If it fails EVERY time for you, when you go to pick it up, have the service writer and lead tech follow you out to the rig and demonstrate the failure for them.

Could it fail consistently for you, and not for them? They're probably testing it while plugged in to shore power. If you're operating it on battery, there could be a problem with battery power getting to the motors. A low battery, or loose/dirty battery connections could create a problem when not on shore power.

Also, most of the time, awnings get their power through a fuse in the main fuse box inside. But it's possible that yours might be using a mini-circuit breaker located on a buss bar near the battery. If the breaker is tripping for some reason, it may take 10 seconds or so to automatically reset. If you press the button and it starts, then stops, keep holding the button to see if it restarts after a bit. If so, it's a mini-circuit breaker.

If the 2 of the 4 awnings that are problematic, are the larger awnings, it's more likely to be a power problem than a mechanical issue with the awnings.