City water hookup overflowing fresh water tank.

Mecca

Hello Everyone,
I'm searching for an answer, I hope you can help me with.
I am hooked up to city water, and it is flowing into my freshwater tank and overflowing it. I have looked up trouble-shooting, but need to have access to my water pump and cannot locate where it is. I've searched my manual, googled, and youtubed.
I have a 2017 Heartland North Trail 22RBK.
Thank you in advance.

danemayer

Hi Mecca,

Sorry you're having this problem. The water pump has an internal check valve built into it that is supposed to prevent city water from flowing backward into the fresh tank. To fix it, you'll either have to replace the pump, or add a check valve on the suction side. A press-on check valve like this one is easy to install.

Based on what I've read about North Trails, the pump might be accessed from the kitchen by removing an access panel, or perhaps a drawer. Hopefully, another North Trail owner can provide more specific guidance on the pump location.

Until you can make a repair, I'd suggest turning off city water and running the pump for your water needs. Fill the tank as necessary.

pedirob

Try removing the panel under your oven. The water pump is probably in there.

Good luck...hope it’s an easy fix.
Rob

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Also check under the kitchen sink. Our first RV was a Prowler and that's where it was behind a access panel.

jnv

On our 2014 NT 22FBS the water pump is located under the bottom drawer in the kitchen closest to the exit/entry door. You need to pull this drawer out and it's mounted on the floor. Hope this helps.

Ldo

Had same problem. Was Anderson Valve. Was told by Heartland service to not turn valve when under pressure. Changed valve, new Anderson, problem solved. Ldo

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk