Looking at a 2019 Landmark Newport

bigdob24

My last 2 RVs Have been Big Country’s and we have been happy with them.
What can look forward to being different in build quality and furnishing and workmanship in a Landmark.
Ive been told the pluming and electrical are neater then the hodge podge you find behind the walls and in the basement in BC / Sundance and others.
Thanks
BD

danemayer

Hi BD,

Landmark, Bighorn, and Big Country are all built on the same manufacturing line, by the same people. The line moves at pretty much the same speed regardless of which model is being built. So build quality and workmanship is probably about the same.

Furnishings will differ.

Landmark 365 has features you won't find in other models. For example: power bed lifts, 3 A/C units standard, full body paint standard, some differences in construction and slide mechanisms, multiplex lighting, and more.

sengli

I have had an elkridge, and then a big horn...and now a landmark all bought new. I have had the basement walls down on all three, working thru various minor issues. They all looked the same behind the partitions. As the price point goes up, there are some features that are added as standard. But as mentioned, the big three ( big country, big horn, and landmark) are built on the same line at the factory. I have taken that tour many times, and seen them being built. Floor plans will differ, and the finishing decors and materials will look nicer. But the same bones are in all three.

CDN

B and B
My last 2 RVs Have been Big Country’s and we have been happy with them.
What can look forward to being different in build quality and furnishing and workmanship in a Landmark.
Ive been told the pluming and electrical are neater then the hodge podge you find behind the walls and in the basement in BC / Sundance and others.
Thanks
BD

Hello BD,

The plumbing is not neater. In fact I have a Louisville Modification thread there I cleaned the mess up and created double the basement space.

https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/74975-Landmark-Louisville-Modifications

Trim wise it is much nicer, still some mishots with staples, just a victim of piecework. I attached my slide fascia with Screws as the staples let loose in some spots.

Overall we do like the Landmark quality. We looked at Riverstone, DRV, Redwood and Cedar Creek Champagne and always found the Landmark to be superior in most if not all aspects. It is a step up from the Bighorn and very large step up from anything Forest River makes.

Last edited: