Re: heat ducts

I purchased a 2019 RG28 Toyhauler a week ago. I was cleaning out the saw dust from ducts and removed about 2 cups of water from the second register as it has been raining constantly all week. I find it odd that this was the only register area that had water in it but I immediately re-caulked with Lexer the refrigerator vent area outside in hopes that the water was coming in from that area. How else could rain water be coming into the second register? is there a link to a layout diagram of the heat duct?

Last edited by a moderator:

NP_Chief

I purchased a 2019 RG28 Toyhauler a week ago. I was cleaning out the saw dust from ducts and removed about 2 cups of water from the second register as it has been raining constantly all week. I find it odd that this was the only register area that had water in it but I immediately re-caulked with Lexer the refrigerator vent area outside in hopes that the water was coming in from that area. How else could rain water be coming into the second register? is there a link to a layout diagram of the heat duct?

Congrats and welcome to the forum! I am not familiar with your model, but there is a wealth of knowledge here and people willing to help. After a few more posts, you will be able to post pictures... may be helpful to post a pic of where you found the water at.

danemayer

Hi dilligafrvdude,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I've moved your post out of the Landmark area and into the Pioneer subforum.

You might call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They may be able to provide you with a drawing.

Have you been towing through a rain storm? Sometimes water gets kicked up into the underbelly. But even so, I'm not sure how it would get into a heating register, or into a duct.

Hi dilligafrvdude,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I've moved your post out of the Landmark area and into the Pioneer subforum.

You might call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They may be able to provide you with a drawing.

Have you been towing through a rain storm? Sometimes water gets kicked up into the underbelly. But even so, I'm not sure how it would get into a heating register, or into a duct.

Thanks for the information Danemayer. I called Heartland as suggested. It sounds like a water intrusion issue. I will need to clean the roof with soap(Dawn Dish detergent) and water. After the roof dries look for any cracks in the membrane and seal them with a white roof sealant. I am also resealing the refrigerator vent on the outside. It looks like there were some cracks in the original sealant that allows water to get into the wall and down into the air ducts