Cutting dryer vent hole question.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Not to hyjack the thread but don’t ever trust the sticker.

We saw this in a brand new Bighorn front kitchen model. Tony was looking at the place in the rear bedroom where the W/D would go, and saw the sticker on the back wall. However, this wall backs up to the bathroom on the opposite side of it, right into the shower plumbing. Not sure how that’s going to work, maybe you get a free sauna when you install the dryer vent?

3d3305e330a9780001dcd19771b7174d.jpg

ee7bc2f17cd8cc1d533b57151a326376.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GK2018

Not to hyjack the thread but don’t ever trust the sticker.

We saw this in a brand new Bighorn front kitchen model. Tony was looking at the place in the rear bedroom where the W/D would go, and saw the sticker on the back wall. However, this wall backs up to the bathroom on the opposite side of it, right into the shower plumbing. Not sure how that’s going to work, maybe you get a free sauna when you install the dryer vent?

3d3305e330a9780001dcd19771b7174d.jpg

Hahaha!! not laughing at their expense but your response is hilarious! I could have only imagined had they cut through that what would have happened! I'm so glad they questioned it before hand! Could you imagine having a dryer hose in your shower, that's one for the imagination haha! To quote you "don't ever trust the sticker" it reminds me of "but my GPS told me to turn right there officer, right into that tree"

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

rhodies1

When we continue to see stupid things like this still happening..... I quess the millions spent on the New PDI facility was worth it ..ha ha

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I see several things wrong in that picture. The water lines are on the wrong side if the outside wall is on the left. The water lines are way too high. With stackables, the washer goes on the bottom. Just an overall bad design.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I see several things wrong in that picture. The water lines are on the wrong side if the outside wall is on the left. The water lines are way too high. With stackables, the washer goes on the bottom. Just an overall bad design.

It’s deceptive — the dark “roof” is actually just a shelf, this space is only big enough for the washer. You would remove the shelf to add a dryer above. So the water lines are accessible once the washer fills the space. It’s better they are on the side rather than the back wall. The vent pipe will have to right-angle out of the dryer (or combo) unit to go to the outside wall on the left side.

shawnmuir

Greg - sorry this happened to you but so glad you were going slow and was able to recover.

Please know that this has been flagged up to the factory and tomorrow, all plants will be audited for this very item. Thank you for letting us know this is happening. We thought we had it corrected in the past.

It would be nice if the factory pre-drill that hole and put a weather sealed plug during manufacturing so the purchaser doesn’t have to drill the hole. Just a suggestion

NYSUPstater

It would be nice if the factory pre-drill that hole and put a weather sealed plug during manufacturing so the purchaser doesn’t have to drill the hole. Just a suggestion

As we say at work regarding decisions made by mgt is: "It makes too much sense"

danemayer

1. Would add cost for the majority of buyers who will never have a washer/dryer.
  2. Would add a large, unwanted plug on the exterior wall of the RV for the majority of buyers who will never have a washer/dryer.

CDN

B and B
  1. Would add cost for the majority of buyers who will never have a washer/dryer.
  2. Would add a large, unwanted plug on the exterior wall of the RV for the majority of buyers who will never have a washer/dryer.

We currently do not want a washer or dryer but some day.

A simple thing done during contruction to frame out the opening with aluminium and just have a matching wood cover screwed over the access hole in the frame for a vent.

Brian

GK2018

We currently do not want a washer or dryer but some day.

A simple thing done during contruction to frame out the opening with aluminium and just have a matching wood cover screwed over the access hole in the frame for a vent.

Brian
If we didn't live full time in ours we probably wouldn't do a washer and dryer either but even waiting this week for them to deliver our washer has been the longest week ever I'm hoping it's in by next week! It makes doing our laundry so much more convenient.

GK2018

I think an interior access panel would've been a nice option so I could've seen what was behind the wall before sticking a cutting wheel through it and then I could have cut the 4" hole into the access panel. I'd be worried water damage might get into the RV if the exterior came from the factory precut and someone didn't seal it right but I guess the same could be said about anything not being properly sealed on the exterior. Maybe they could just go ahead and add a dryer vent since they are universal anyways and only cost about 10 dollars and 30 minutes or so to cut the hole out and install everything.

shawnmuir

Well I have 2 vent holes in a area where there could be a Generator but I don’t plan on getting one. At least take the time to place a proper sticker for the location of the drill hole. Have seen posts where the sticker was on a interior wall to the shower. Obviously quality controls dropped the ball.

GK2018

I just called Heartland, I've been so busy I hadn't had the time. The customer service dept is absolutely outstanding! I went through one prompt spoke with a person and she transferred me to the service department and the gentlemen got everything squared away and is sending me some contact paper to go over that hole. That was less than a five minute phone call which is impressive!

mlpeloquin

When I had problems and needed parts or part numbers, customer service department would send me the parts ASAP. If they were not in stock, they would give me the suppliers number to get the parts quicker. Heartland is really responsive and perhaps the best company I have dealt with.

GK2018

When I had problems and needed parts or part numbers, customer service department would send me the parts ASAP. If they were not in stock, they would give me the suppliers number to get the parts quicker. Heartland is really responsive and perhaps the best company I have dealt with.
I would definitely agree, they seem to care about their customer base which nowadays is pretty impressive!

jbeletti

I just called Heartland, I've been so busy I hadn't had the time. The customer service dept is absolutely outstanding! I went through one prompt spoke with a person and she transferred me to the service department and the gentlemen got everything squared away and is sending me some contact paper to go over that hole. That was less than a five minute phone call which is impressive!

Awesome!

shawnmuir

Nice job. What was the brand name of the washer? I see it’s a GE but do you have a model number?