New pin box

I recently purchased a 2014 Landmark Savannah. It has the Lippert 1621 pin box. I would like to upgrade to a better box. I have been looking at the Flex Air. Does anyone have any recommendations or thoughts on this?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have the Flexair and had its predecessor the Trailair.
Liked both of them

Peace
Dave

Dmetcalf

I just ordered and am awaiting delivery on my MORryde 1621-06 pin box. I too have read all of the reviews on every available pin box out there.
They all have good reviews so it’s really your personal choice. I recently went to an RV show in Dallas and a lot of the fifth wheels had the MORryde on them.
Good luck with your search.

I just ordered and am awaiting delivery on my MORryde 1621-06 pin box. I too have read all of the reviews on every available pin box out there.
They all have good reviews so it’s really your personal choice. I recently went to an RV show in Dallas and a lot of the fifth wheels had the MORryde on them.
Good luck with your search.

Interesting. That is about 1/2 of what the Flex Air costs.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
The flexAir has been a great upgrade for us. Chose it because it has both an airbag for up-and-down movement as well as a rubber friction pad for back-and-forth, chucking, motion.
I very seldom have to add any air pressure to the bag. Generally at the start of the season. And check about once a month.

Has been a great upgrade for us.
Good luck with your choice.

CDN

B and B
To add to the confusion I have a Reese Sidewinder on my Landmark. The pivot point further back gets me into tight spots like my storage lot and Provincial parks. Work well once the wedge is adjusted. Mine is best fo my situation. Some day with a 8 feet box a air ride or moryde will be in my future.

Gary521

The Reese Fifth Airborne and the Trail Air are very similar and work equally well. The Morryde is a step down and hence the lower cost. The Fifth Airborne and Trail Aire both have and air bag and a shock absorber. Several years ago, I read a review where an individual bought both and compared them to each other. He felt the Fifth Airborne was slightly better but that was subjective. With the Fifth Airborne , you can still use the decorative pin box cover. Yes, they are costly but worth it. The existing 1621 pin box is horrible for dampening any chucking.

Dmetcalf

The Reese Fifth Airborne and the Trail Air are very similar and work equally well. The Morryde is a step down and hence the lower cost. The Fifth Airborne and Trail Aire both have and air bag and a shock absorber. Several years ago, I read a review where an individual bought both and compared them to each other. He felt the Fifth Airborne was slightly better but that was subjective. With the Fifth Airborne , you can still use the decorative pin box cover. Yes, they are costly but worth it. The existing 1621 pin box is horrible for dampening any chucking.

I definitely considered the more costly Trail air because the reviews are good. I just had a hard time parting with the $750 I spent on the Morryde vs the $1200-$1300 for the (I'll admit more than likely better product) but I see so many of the Morryde's out there that I figured it has to be a big improvement over the stock 1621 as you were saying is pretty terrible for most roads we all travel on these days.

Safe travels ….

Wouldn't it be nice if these manufacturers would just installed high quality pieces when they put these things together. I'm amazed at how cheap they are.

Dmetcalf

Wouldn't it be nice if these manufacturers would just installed high quality pieces when they put these things together. I'm amazed at how cheap they are.

yeah, I certainly agree with that..! I mean we pay enough for a quality product for sure. Oh well, it would change anytime soon.

we just do what we need and can afford along the way.