Air bag pressure

Mrsfish

For those of you with the Firestone airbags on their tow vehicle...what pressure do you run when pulling your rig? Please include truck model (ie - Ford F-350 dally) and rig (2014 bighorn, 14k lbs)

we have had a lot more bouncing lately and I’m questioning our air pressure in the airbags.

Thank you in advance.

LBR

45 PSI

2017 Ford F-450....11,150#
2017 CY4018....22,150#
Pin weight of 4,950#

Flick

For those of you with the Firestone airbags on their tow vehicle...what pressure do you run when pulling your rig? Please include truck model (ie - Ford F-350 dally) and rig (2014 bighorn, 14k lbs)

we have had a lot more bouncing lately and I’m questioning our air pressure in the airbags.

Thank you in advance.

On my previous truck 2013 Ford dually, I used Firestone. Empty was required 10# and with our 2015 Cyclone 18k, we would run with 60#. Not a great ride but kind of equal to a bumper cart ride at the local fair.
Current truck 2019 Ford dually, I used Air Lift that only pump up to 30#. I run 5# empty and 25# loaded with our rig. Like riding in a baby buggy.
I believe it is necessary after you hook up to level your truck and don’t use any more than necessary. We use different settings for different trailers. Firestone would let you set in pound increments and Air Lift is in
5# increments.
But you knew all this. Have a safe one.

pjones1969

2016 F350 DRW with Airlift 5000 with internal jounce bumper pulling a 2017 Cyclone 3800, 27540 gross weight, I run 7 unloaded and I’ve found 80 works best when pulling, wireless compressor won’t allow below 5psi

wdk450

45 psi on the Firestone air bags when towing: 110 psi on the air ride hitch to get the arrow point to the indicator line.

See my signature lines for rig.

mlpeloquin

I used a caliper to check the unloaded height between the spring and the overload spring clearance. Then hitched up and increased the pressure until the clearance was the same. This set the truck level and so were the headlights. When weighed, the front end was light but within 100lbs of unloaded. Therefore steering and handling was not affected by a light front end and nether was the trucks breaking. The pressure was 95lbs. I had airlift bags, but the process would be the same. Pressure would be dependent on load.

Gary521

The amount of air is it all "depends." It depends on the shocks, springs, bed length, pin weight, pin type and maybe a couple other things. That's the beauty of a controller in the cab. You can adjust as to what works best for you.

2015 F250 FX4 w/295/65-20 Nitto Ridge Grappler
2017 Heartland Elkridge E292, about 10klbs loaded
Firestone air bags, run with 55psi pulling trailer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Todster

2016 Ford F-350 with Carli 2.5” leveling kit. Half pack kit for the rear springs so the main overload is not there just a lot of tapered smaller thinner springs. King pin top with reservoir shocks. Cyclone 3513 with about 3k pin weight and I have torque airbags manually filled to 50 when pulling.

This thing isn’t ultra smooth but floats over problems in the road very nice. When unloaded I run 0 psi as I use Daystar airbag cups and do not have the bottom of the bag attached. So no need for minimum air. I actually fully compress them when detaching and they are sucked up out of the way until the next pull. Best thing I ever did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

RickL

2015 Ram 3500 14K suspension. Firestone air bags, airlift remote control compressor.

Pin weight is 4200 lbs, I run 45 psi in the bags towing (brings the truck back to level) and I run 5 lbs unhitched.

I installed new tires right after installing the air bags and now have approximately 9K on the tires. Zero edge wear as they are worn evenly across the face of the tire. To answer your ride aspect, the truck rides better and more comfortable towing then it does empty. I’ve only had one area for about 1 mile in Utah that I had chucking and moving over to another lane took care of that.

NYSUPstater

While I don't have/use air bags, have heard that duck tape works pretty good. LOL. Will let you figure the rest out LOL. :D:D:D