Alternative Fix to Leaking Anderson Valve

rxbristol

I finally had the dreaded fresh tank overfilling from a leaking Anderson valve. I replaced the valve, but it was still bypassing some water and dripping out of the overflow. My fix was to install a PEX shutoff valve to prevent anymore water filling the tank. See the attached picture.

20200321_100716.jpg

Attachments

• 20200321_094241.jpg
    20200321_094241.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 101

Dmetcalf

I finally had the dreaded fresh tank overfilling from a leaking Anderson valve. I replaced the valve, but it was still bypassing some water and dripping out of the overflow. My fix was to install a PEX shutoff valve to prevent anymore water filling the tank. See the attached picture.

View attachment 63920

I replaced my entire Anderson universal valve with one that had the brass body vs the plastic (factory) one. I’m hoping that alleviates any problems down the road ...

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
That was my initial hope, but I installed a check valve and it did not solve the problem.

Correctly?? I installed the check valve and it stopped the flow through the pump to the tank after determining the Kant leak valve was not the issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rxbristol

I replaced my entire Anderson universal valve with one that had the brass body vs the plastic (factory) one. I’m hoping that alleviates any problems down the road ...

An entire brass body would be nice. It wouldn't surprise me that after seven years my rig's original plastic Anderson body has worn to the point that the core does not seal correctly still allowing water to flow. My water heater bypass valve finally cracked (luckily I caught it before a massive flooding event) so that it is also bypassed. I installed a normal three valve system to bypass the water heater for winterization. It's as not as convenient, but since I had the parts I opted to modify instead of spending nearly $100 for a replacement valve.

Ldo

Yes, I have the Anderson Valve leak to fresh water tank problem again. Have replaced plastic cartilage one time. Question is has anyone pulled the valve and just replaced the o-rings successfully? Leo, thanks

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

danemayer

Yes, I have the Anderson Valve leak to fresh water tank problem again. Have replaced plastic cartilage one time. Question is has anyone pulled the valve and just replaced the o-rings successfully? Leo, thanks

I've wondered about this, in particular why Anderson was sending out cartridge kits instead of o-rings. My guess is that there's a reason it wouldn't work.

CoveredWagon

Yup sure did. Also in case you don't already know, new switch the Andersen valve while there is ANY pressure on the system. The seals on the Andersen valve are not just plain o rings. They are shaped seals.