GFCI on inverter keeps tripping

jhardin

I had the inverter replaced the 1st year I had my camper.The GFCI outlet on the inverter would trip. Through all the testing it was determined my inverter was bad. I replaced it and things were good for a while. Then I noticed it cutting off again. I just completed about a 300mi trip and the GFCI outlet on the inverter tripped 3 times. I installed a green led light on camper so I can monitor while driving by either it being on or off.Any help will be much appreciated.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I had the inverter replaced the 1st year I had my camper.The GFCI outlet on the inverter would trip. Through all the testing it was determined my inverter was bad. I replaced it and things were good for a while. Then I noticed it cutting off again. I just completed about a 300mi trip and the GFCI outlet on the inverter tripped 3 times. I installed a green led light on camper so I can monitor while driving by either it being on or off.Any help will be much appreciated.

Hopefully Rod (For20hunter) will chime in on this one. He has been dealing with this issue for a long time now. I think he has finally resolved the problem.

Jerrod

wdk450

Seems like there have been several threads on this over the years. You might do a forum search on the subject (upper right corner of the page).

mikeandconnie

I had the same problem. I replaced the GFCI with a regular plug in socket and, it has been working wonderful since. Jim had the same problem and had a thread on the on the procedure.