Leak from water heater thermostat?

n3zmw

My 2019 Mallard M-33 has a model GC6AA-10E water heater. Today I removed the water heater to search for a leak that is slowly saturating the water heater support platform. After removing the styrofoam insulation I discovered mineral build up that appears to originate from the point where the thermostat enters the water tank. Has anyone experienced that before? The water heater is 25 months from manufacture, but only 20 months from when I bought the trailer new. Has anyone tried to replace the thermostat unit on a water heater like this one before? Picture attached, angle is from the bottom of the water heater.
2255eb104d20dff146f2a5a2f0b9bc37.jpg
a77dd7cc45fa62f9651f61b2a764bba8.jpg

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk

danemayer

You should call the water heater manufacturer as it could have a warranty longer than 1 year. And even if it has only a 1 year warranty, they might grant a goodwill accommodation as this sounds a bit unusual.

n3zmw

I sent them an e-mail. I'll give it a few days and see if they reply. I can't exactly take it in for service as I am using it currently.

n3zmw

Still waiting on a reply. I'm sure telework has slowed things down. While I'm waiting for them i'm curious if anyone here has changed the in tank thermostat?