Cyclone 4005 Updates and Fixes

jmarnell

Since our 2018 Cyclone 4005 has been tucked in the garage for the winter, and now we still can't go anywhere with everything shut down, it's been a good time to do a few upgrades and fixes.

- Replaced the original noisy water pump with a new one. Added a rubber block underneath it to limit vibration. It's much quieter now!
- Installed the new brass Anderson 4-way water valve. Fresh water tanks started overfilling last fall, so sounded like a good time for the upgrade.
- Replaced the original bathroom sink faucet with a much nicer one from Lowe's with a taller spout that's much nicer to use.
- Installed shutoff valves on all the water lines on the toilets and sinks, and checked all the other waterline connections.
- Replaced the outside speakers with Polk Audio marine grade speakers. One of the original speakers had cracked.
- Was having issues with one of the AC units freezing up. Took off the inside cover, and found the plastic diverter plate between the cold air and return air sides had slipped out of place. It's was only held with double stick tape around the edges. Used some metal duct tape to seal it back in place. Checked the other two units just in case, and found one of the other diverter plates had slipped out of place too. Glad I checked!
- The tool bin lid in the garage area opened up toward the inside of the RV when lifted up, which was inconvenient when accessing it from the inside with the rear ramp closed. So I removed all the screws and reversed the lid so now it lifts up toward the rear. Much easier to access the tool bin from the inside now.
- Investigated the source of a draft we've always felt along the outside wall in the bedroom. With the mattress out, I removed the triangular piece of carpeted wood in the front corner of the room and found a big gap in the corner wall at the bottom which allowed air flow from under the floor! No wonder we felt a draft. Plugged the gap with some insulation so hopefully that problem is gone.
- Bought a new inner spring mattress from Wilderness RV Mattress. Much more comfortable now!

Next will be purchasing and installing new Torklift Glowsteps for the front door. Then we should be ready to hit the road once everything settles down and we can travel again!

Last edited:

mwc

Very Nice! Great idea on fixing the hatch lid in the garage. I will be doing that next to my Cyclone! I was just complaining about that last week when i slammed the lid on my finger!! No kidding!

I want to lower the stereo in the garage, or move it, its so hard to reach where they have it. Any ideas or has anyone done this?

Flick

Those are some good ideas. I changed my garage hatch door a while back also. I put a 120 led light in the garage to brighten up the space and with the door reversed, you can now see what’s in it. Before reversing it, I hardly ever used it.

jmarnell

Finally got the new Torklift Glowsteps installed, and we love how stable they are compared to the original bouncy steps! The install was a little challenging due to the tight fit to reach the nuts to loosen and remove the original steps but we managed it. Also replaced the original small refrigerator in the outdoor kitchen with a nice 16 bottle capacity wine/beverage cooler. Have to make sure we cover the priorities!
20200425_170432.jpg20200425_105922.jpg

BrianF

Since our 2018 Cyclone 4005 has been tucked in the garage for the winter, and now we still can't go anywhere with everything shut down, it's been a good time to do a few upgrades and fixes.

- Replaced the original noisy water pump with a new one. Added a rubber block underneath it to limit vibration. It's much quieter now!
- Installed the new brass Anderson 4-way water valve. Fresh water tanks started overfilling last fall, so sounded like a good time for the upgrade.
- Replaced the original bathroom sink faucet with a much nicer one from Lowe's with a taller spout that's much nicer to use.
- Installed shutoff valves on all the water lines on the toilets and sinks, and checked all the other waterline connections.
- Replaced the outside speakers with Polk Audio marine grade speakers. One of the original speakers had cracked.
- Was having issues with one of the AC units freezing up. Took off the inside cover, and found the plastic diverter plate between the cold air and return air sides had slipped out of place. It's was only held with double stick tape around the edges. Used some metal duct tape to seal it back in place. Checked the other two units just in case, and found one of the other diverter plates had slipped out of place too. Glad I checked!
- The tool bin lid in the garage area opened up toward the inside of the RV when lifted up, which was inconvenient when accessing it from the inside with the rear ramp closed. So I removed all the screws and reversed the lid so now it lifts up toward the rear. Much easier to access the tool bin from the inside now.
- Investigated the source of a draft we've always felt along the outside wall in the bedroom. With the mattress out, I removed the triangular piece of carpeted wood in the front corner of the room and found a big gap in the corner wall at the bottom which allowed air flow from under the floor! No wonder we felt a draft. Plugged the gap with some insulation so hopefully that problem is gone.
- Bought a new inner spring mattress from Wilderness RV Mattress. Much more comfortable now!

Next will be purchasing and installing new Torklift Glowsteps for the front door. Then we should be ready to hit the road once everything settles down and we can travel again!
Can you tell me which water pump you purchased and what you had to do to replace it? Mine is running continuously, faucets just sputter without much water coming out. On board fresh water tank is full. City water works fine. Thx

jmarnell

Can you tell me which water pump you purchased and what you had to do to replace it? Mine is running continuously, faucets just sputter without much water coming out. On board fresh water tank is full. City water works fine. Thx
I bought a Lippert Flow Max on Amazon. It was a very simple replacement. The plumbing lines screw on and off, and the 12 volt electric is just two wires. Took no more than about 15 minutes. Hardest part was crawling into the basement storage area to reach the pump.