Condensation in Norcold Refrigerator

george637

I have a double door Norcold refrigerator in my 2016 Bighorn 3270rs. In February I started full-timing, and since using the refrigerator all the time, I have noticed an issue that I'm hoping some of you can help me with. There is a drain cup in the back of the refrigerator that keeps filling up and overflowing, and then water drips on the food on the shelves below it. Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

George & Linda Ryan

FORTKNOX

I have a double door Norcold refrigerator in my 2016 Bighorn 3270rs. In February I started full-timing, and since using the refrigerator all the time, I have noticed an issue that I'm hoping some of you can help me with. There is a drain cup in the back of the refrigerator that keeps filling up and overflowing, and then water drips on the food on the shelves below it. Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

George & Linda Ryan

Same thing happened to me in Deep South with very hi humidity, you could imagine, water running out of bottom of frig.
Solution small drain hose is clogged up. Open inspection panel out side. take end off so it will drain. I left mine hang out of vent so as not be in cup
and clog up again. works good now.

mlpeloquin

Got news for all that have a modern refrigerator. They use the same vent plug to almost eliminate air flowing back into the refrigerator to keep it as efficient as possible. Yes they all clog at one point. Home refrigerators freeze up do to the heating element thawing the frost and it not being able to drain because it is clogged. The internal fan will start to strike the ice build up and you might think it is a fan going bad. Cure is to cut a small V in the line at the end so dust or what ever does not clog it. Use a hair dryer to melt the ice and run hot faucet water to deice the line. All this after dissembling the inside of the refrigerator. Don't ask me why I know! So taking the end off cures the problem, but with RV gas/propane it may cause cooling problems in warm weather. A lot more air travels up that tube than you would think. You can replace the Norcold drain plug with a Dometic that has better opening to allow dust etc. to flow through. https://www.amazon.com/Dometic-2932115013-Drainage-Plug/dp/B008RO9DZE

SNOKING

Another issue is the flap between the doors drags on the bottom where the decal is located, and does not close properly. The solution is to remove the trim between the refer and freezer doors(pulls off, if I remember correctly) and remove the left door top hinge. Then lift the door off the lower hinge and put a Nylon washer or two on the pin to space the door up a bit. Reinstall! Chris

george637

Same thing happened to me in Deep South with very hi humidity, you could imagine, water running out of bottom of frig.
Solution small drain hose is clogged up. Open inspection panel out side. take end off so it will drain. I left mine hang out of vent so as not be in cup
and clog up again. works good now.

Thanks. I'll take a look at that.