2020 FUEL 352 Storage Compartment Door

wscavezze

The drivers side storage door area as if you were driving a vehicle, which houses a plethora of stuff when setting up, has no way of holding the door open. The passenger side storage door area has the traditional magnet to hold it up out of the way. Why does the other side not have anything? (gas piston, prop rod, magic powder, something). Its very uncomfortable and really unsafe to have a door that when opened, just falls right back down in an area that is so critical to the entire system set up.

NYSUPstater

Try adding some Velcro to the tab on door and side of coach. Or add/install a small "T" latch. I went the Velcro route w/ doors for power cord reel and switch.

Flick

Try adding some Velcro to the tab on door and side of coach. Or add/install a small "T" latch. I went the Velcro route w/ doors for power cord reel and switch.

Not familiar with your coach. Is there a slide above the door you’re referring to?

Dahillbilly

Not familiar with your coach. Is there a slide above the door you’re referring to?

If you have a slide out above the compartment like our Torque 327 there should be a piston rod for holding it at a 90 degree position. Watch out you will hit the door with yo head!!

NYSUPstater

Flick,

I'm sorry about my reply, read the thread while 1/2 awake this morning after work. I was thinking another/smaller door. As stated by another poster, can add a small gas strut or prop rod and just be in the mindset it will be chest/neck level when opened w/ slide out. Now if slide is in, can go the Velcro route (if you don't want to screw into side of coach) and add a "T" latch (like those that hold doors open) so door is up completely out of the way, but if any kind of strut or prop rod is on, the Velcro thing won't work as door won't swing wide open. Upon typing this tho, you can: do a detachable prop rod w/ slide open and then the Velcro thing w/ slide closed.

My son actually pointed this out few years back when we went to the Hershey show and looking at upgrading coaches and the Cedar Creek line for that's what we had and were going to go w/ again. Perhaps not so much for the driver's side basement door, but rather the pass side. Said, "It doesn't make sense to have it open this way if picnic table is here and folks sitting on it and have to get into basement". Door actually swung front to back rather bottom to top. He made a very good point. Have seen where pass doors that open bottom to top held open via strut and IMO it's a head chopper. Rather have set up like your/mine where it opens all the way and held open w/ magnets. Is a very large door, but still like the set up. Our driver's side door swings back to front and nothing from factory to keep it open. Asked the RV experts as how to keep open and the Velcro "T" latch came about.2 years after buying the coach finally put the Velcro "T" latch on. One of those "Why didn't I do this sooner things"!

Again, sorry about my 1st reply.

Mike

wscavezze

It just seems a little counterproductive on Heartlands part to have a door that, without modification, will not stay open and that area is a critical component to setting up the entire RV. The fact that it comes from the factory that way is really dumb.

danemayer

It just seems a little counterproductive on Heartlands part to have a door that, without modification, will not stay open and that area is a critical component to setting up the entire RV. The fact that it comes from the factory that way is really dumb.
It's likely a manufacturing error covered by warranty. Suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Might be helpful to have a clear photo ready to send.