Generator install in 3410Re Big Horn

Ldavisjr

I am about to install a new 5500 generator in my front compartment of my fifth wheel. Wondering if anyone has a factory installed generator in a fifth wheel, and if they have any comments own noise level. AlsoI would love to see a photo or suggestions on the box that is built inside for fumes and noise reduction. Any comments would be helpful. Thanks

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Factory installed Onan.

I do know that the box is sealed with the spray foam through all openings and the front cover has a rubber gasket. The exhaust is piped back and out the the ODS, extending past the edge of the rig. The noise level is certainly not what one would think with a generator running right under you. You hear it, but it is not excessive nor bothersome. Mine runs on gasoline, which comes through a line from my fuel tank, located under my garage floor.

Attachments

• HT 351.jpg
    HT 351.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 92

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
My 3400RE is gen prepped from the factory. Heartland suggested to buy a Onan 5500 Marquis Gold LP. Many people disagree and like gasoline gennys over propane. Since I haven't gotten to that next step, I still listen to the discussions over which type serves us best. Personally I don't like the smell of gasoline in the bedroom, but that's just my opinion. Propane is pretty expensive now that gasoline prices have been dropping. Opinions are like rear ends, everyone has got one.