I want my Hydraulic sliders to extend independantly

We have a 2020 3850ML and when we extend the main sliders one will begin to extend then the other one follows. There will be times that we only want one to go out, this will be temporary of course, but I am looking for someone to tell me how to basically turn one off while the other is fully operational.

I know there has to be a method of operation, however, when we went through our walk through the rep knew nothing about the system at all. Thanks for any advice you can give.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hydraulic slides normally open in order based on their weight.
Your Bighorn may have slide isolator valves located at the hydraulic pump. Sometimes they are marked.
If you see valves or valve you might try closing one off and then test the operation of the slides.

Peace
Dave

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Dave has your answer.
I see this was your first post so I know right were you are at on your journey of fingering out all of the in's and out's of new RV. There are so many amazing and knowledgeable people on this forum. Be sure to spend lots of time on here and ask many questions. This will take your RV experience above and beyond anything you could of imagined. Also lots of great ideas to make your RV even better which intern makes your RV trips more enjoyable.

Happy trails
Jerrod

Thanks guys, I will check it out and test if appropriate. We have been RVers for 8 years, we had a Voltage Toy Hauler during that time and traveled all lower 48 states, then in 2016 up to Alaska and Canada. We recently decided we wanted more living area and not so many toys, so we decided on the Big Horn. In our last rig we had electric slides and leveling system so the only thing that is a learning curve is of course the hydraulics. I have been reading lots of articles over the last few months and decided today to throw out my issue. I love this space and have found a few articles (tips and tricks) that I'm sure will come in handy.