SOLVED - Shower Faucet Will Not Turn Off

BarbandFrank

We are full time and currently in southern Utah near Zion NP. Our shower faucet will not turn the water off unless we completely shut off the water to the rig. I took apart the faucet and put it back together, without success. The water keeps running. Unless we can get this fixed, we will be without toilet or sink water.

Tomorrow we are moving to a campground near Bryce with even fewer services.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Frank

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Re: Please Help - Shower Faucet Will Not Turn Off

Can you get to a hardware store? A cheap replacement shower faucet could fix the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoadJunkie

Frank, I don’t know where you are near Zion, but you can make a trip, quickly, into Hurricane and go to Nielson’s RV. Or, you can get into St. George to Camping World. Buck’s ACE hardware in Hurricane would also probably have one that would work. Replacement may be the quickest option. You will have to remove the round cover below the faucet to access the water connections.

wdk450

How about an inline shower head line shutoff until a new faucet assembly can be obtained? My Oxygenics shower handle has an inline shutoff built in to the flex hose.

Maybe order a faucet by Amazon overnight?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Please Help - Shower Faucet Will Not Turn Off

Probably a worn or damaged washer on the faucet stem or a mineral deposit/debris in the seat. You might try disassembling it and check before replacing the whole thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarbandFrank

Thanks everyone - I have not fixed the problem yet, but was able to get the shower water down from running full force to a slow drip. Will be headed to the hardware store tomorrow to see if I can completely replace or repair. This couldn’t have happened two months ago when we were at a snowbird RV park in AZ with mobile repair. Now we are in the middle of nowhere with limited options (Bryce, UT). In any event, I am happy to be in a campground that is still open despite Covid-19.

Thanks again.

Frank

Emma

I think you have to replace your shower faucet if you do not want to end up finding yourself trapped in between discomforts of having water leaks, no flows, or even contaminated water. You can try here: https://www.listatrailer.com/how-to-replace-rv-shower-faucet/

Last edited:

Flick

Thanks everyone - I have not fixed the problem yet, but was able to get the shower water down from running full force to a slow drip. Will be headed to the hardware store tomorrow to see if I can completely replace or repair. This couldn’t have happened two months ago when we were at a snowbird RV park in AZ with mobile repair. Now we are in the middle of nowhere with limited options (Bryce, UT). In any event, I am happy to be in a campground that is still open despite Covid-19.

Thanks again.

Frank

Frank, looks like you’ve gotten some good advice and I’m glad you’ve slowed it to a slow drip. What may help the convenience factor till you get it fixed later today would be to move the Anderson valve to normal or water pump from city water. This would allow you to at least cut it on and off inside the coach using the water pump switch.

LBR

Frank, looks like you’ve gotten some good advice and I’m glad you’ve slowed it to a slow drip. What may help the convenience factor till you get it fixed later today would be to move the Anderson valve to normal or water pump from city water. This would allow you to at least cut it on and off inside the coach using the water pump switch.
FYI, he had this problem 2 1/2 months ago, not yesterday....last post was dated April 5.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

Too bad he didn’t cycle back with the fix.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BarbandFrank

Yes - I fixed this a while back by replacing the Moen cartridge. Thanks to everyone for their feedback.

Frank

Daley07

Most RVs have a removable panel behind the shower that conceals the plumbing. Open this panel as part of the RV shower faucet upgrade process. Check the two water pipes running from the shower and through the wall. These fixtures often have a fastener that secures them in their place. Loosen the hardware using a wrench and disconnect the hot and cold water lines. If your RV does not have an access panel, you might want to check the RV’s basement storage area. You should be able to access the water lines from there.

Last edited: