Error code on Spendide Combo

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Our Spendide 2100XC has developed an F13 error code:

F13
Drying NTC sensor open / short circuited. Fan motor blocked

Description: Dry NTC Sensor Open/Shorted Circuit
• Verify NTC Sensor connections and wiring.
• Verify the fan motor is not stuck, obstructed, or open.

Unit is almost 4.5 years old.

Has anyone experienced this before? What did you do? Repair? Replace?

Unit washes fine but gives error upon trying to dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

1st thing I'd check would be the exhaust piping; Fan motor blocked could be reason

Thanks, we did remove the dryer vent pipe to the exterior and clean it well. Did not solve the issue, so it must be inside the unit.

danemayer

Hi Erika,

When we replaced our stackable washer, while the dryer was out, we opened the back to clean it up. There was a fair amount of lint, dirt, and I think a coin and a screw. I don't know how the combo units are built, but you might find some crud inside the unit.

TravelTiger

Hi Erika,

When we replaced our stackable washer, while the dryer was out, we opened the back to clean it up. There was a fair amount of lint, dirt, and I think a coin and a screw. I don't know how the combo units are built, but you might find some crud inside the unit.

Thanks Dan, I’m sure there’s something in there that should not be. Googling, I have found comments on another forum where they had disassembled the unit to find wet lint clogging things inside. Unfortunately I couldn’t see the pic. I’m just trying to see if anyone here has experience with this before— or any other error — and if they had a repair tech out, or otherwise.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
At the bottom from of the unit is a removeable panel. The pump pre-chamber is behind it. Check that it has not become clogged.
If all else fails, contact Splendide directly (hopefully they’re still operating). I have in the past and found them very helpful.

TravelTiger

At the bottom from of the unit is a removeable panel. The pump pre-chamber is behind it. Check that it has not become clogged.
If all else fails, contact Splendide directly (hopefully they’re still operating). I have in the past and found them very helpful.

Hi John, yes we cleaned that chamber out — a little lint but not much — and the blade seemed to turn freely.

JohnDar

Erika, do you have this parts manual? The parts you may be looking for start on Page 7. Somehow, I missed it was you when I replied the first time.

Attachments

• Splendide 2100XC Parts.pdf
    658 KB · Views: 13

TravelTiger

Erika, do you have this parts manual? The parts you may be looking for start on Page 7. Somehow, I missed it was you when I replied the first time.

Thanks John, I had not seen this. I did find a diagnostic type manual, but it didn’t really explain what might need to be replaced.

JohnDar

Give Splendide a call. With that error code, they might be able to narrow it down. Your machine is newer than mine.

Edit:
Found that Diagnostic manual. I see how the codes are displayed by the flashing door lock indicator. Thought maybe newer ones had a LED display on them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Flick

Give Splendide a call. With that error code, they might be able to narrow it down. Your machine is newer than mine.

Edit:
Found that Diagnostic manual. I see how the codes are displayed by the flashing door lock indicator. Thought maybe newer ones had a LED display on them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Erika. Been following this because we have a Splendide also. I know you said you checked for lint, but I watched a video of a guy cleaning his out and he found some lint way in the bottom of the exhaust hose that he fished out with a coat hanger with a hook on it. Just a thought it may be something you can’t see.

TravelTiger

Erika. Been following this because we have a Splendide also. I know you said you checked for lint, but I watched a video of a guy cleaning his out and he found some lint way in the bottom of the exhaust hose that he fished out with a coat hanger with a hook on it. Just a thought it may be something you can’t see.

Yes to get to the back we’d need to remove the unit from the closet, and we haven’t had time to do that. I tried to run something into the exhaust opening in the back but within the unit it’s a rubber hose that makes some turns pretty quickly, and we can’t see back there to try to negotiate something into it.

JohnDar

It’s been a while since I took mine apart, but have you removed the top of the unit, yet? Most everything is accessible from the top, I think. You may need to remove a couple of screws across the top of the back panel, but I think you will be able to get it off.

TravelTiger

It’s been a while since I took mine apart, but have you removed the top of the unit, yet? Most everything is accessible from the top, I think. You may need to remove a couple of screws across the top of the back panel, but I think you will be able to get it off.

John, maybe this weekend we will look into it.

I’m still working full-time, so there’s limited time for “fun” like this.

goingwest

[h=2]plendide 2100XC trouble code fix[/h]
We noticed the dryer was a bit less efficient and then we started getting a fault code. The dryer would stop and the first, second and fourth led light flashed slowly while the lock button flashed quickly. This is the fault code 13.

After doing some research we cleaned out the large item trap at the bottom as well as cleaned the vent line of any vent. The dryer worked a couple more times and then we got the fault code again.

I called and talked to a great guy who sent me instructions for cleaning out any excess the lint from the washer should you encounter the issue.

---------
1. Start the unit without clothes with DRY CYCLE OFF on cycle 11. Wait for the water to stop filling the drum press and hold the start button until all the lights come on then release the button. If the drum is not at least half full, repeat this step. Until it is. (We noticed that if you have the drain tube too low, the water will run out - so make sure you followed the directions and didn't shove too much hose into your drain).

2. Move the cycle knob to #2, with extra rinse selected. Let it run through the complete cycle.

Run through these steps three times.

I coped this years ago from this forum and used it 3 or 4 times and it always works. Give it a try I think it will fix your problem.

legendre1

Erica, ours was doing the same thing and we ran the clean cycle procedure 2 times and was amazed at the things that came out. It has been working great since and at least once a month we run the cleaning procedure to keep it running and drying like new. Hope it helps.
plendide 2100XC trouble code fix

We noticed the dryer was a bit less efficient and then we started getting a fault code. The dryer would stop and the first, second and fourth led light flashed slowly while the lock button flashed quickly. This is the fault code 13.

After doing some research we cleaned out the large item trap at the bottom as well as cleaned the vent line of any vent. The dryer worked a couple more times and then we got the fault code again.

I called and talked to a great guy who sent me instructions for cleaning out any excess the lint from the washer should you encounter the issue.

---------
1. Start the unit without clothes with DRY CYCLE OFF on cycle 11. Wait for the water to stop filling the drum press and hold the start button until all the lights come on then release the button. If the drum is not at least half full, repeat this step. Until it is. (We noticed that if you have the drain tube too low, the water will run out - so make sure you followed the directions and didn't shove too much hose into your drain).

2. Move the cycle knob to #2, with extra rinse selected. Let it run through the complete cycle.

Run through these steps three times.

I coped this years ago from this forum and used it 3 or 4 times and it always works. Give it a try I think it will fix your problem.

mlpeloquin

The only time I had a problem I called splendid and got a return call. They had my extended warranty on record. The error did not have a code, but the problem that I described was caused buy the control board. I wished to fix it myself. They sent me a new board and emailed me a techs repair manual as well as color photos of the wiring. They responded quickly. I have both in PDF format and can send them to you if you want them. Just PM me.

TravelTiger

Thanks all who chimed in with advice, we ended up trying to run the “cleaning” cycle as mentioned by a few of you for 3 times in a row. That seems to have made the machine happy again, and no new errors so far. We will keep the other ideas in our back pocket just in case.

goingwest

Glad it got you going again. I don't know why Splendide doesn't put in there trouble shooting guide.

Safe travels Jerry