Big Country 5th wheel electric fireplace

Shurwood

I have a 2017 Heartland Big Country with a fireplace. When I first turn the fireplace on it produces heat and will run for a while until its cycles out. Once it cycles out at temperature it will not turn the heater back on just the flames are the only thing that's working after it Cycles. Is there a week relay switch the kicks the heater in or a timer that's not working. I've checked everything I can and the manual is not much help.

Flick

I have a 2017 Heartland Big Country with a fireplace. When I first turn the fireplace on it produces heat and will run for a while until its cycles out. Once it cycles out at temperature it will not turn the heater back on just the flames are the only thing that's working after it Cycles. Is there a week relay switch the kicks the heater in or a timer that's not working. I've checked everything I can and the manual is not much help.

Most of these heaters that have a 750w, 1500w or auto setting are all built on the same basic premise that when they heat to a maximum setting, they turn off or at least quit heating the air if not on the auto setting. If yours is cutting off and not coming back on, is this in the auto setting or in the regular heat settings? If the setting is for either the 750 or 1500 and it is cutting of, my guess and I repeat, my guess is that the thermostat is malfunctioning and that the thermal overload switch is cutting it off which is what should happen or you could have a dangerous situation caused by overheating. If this problem has just started I think you are wise to look for answers. I’m sure it’s not user error. Whatever it is, it is probably an inexpensive fix. Be careful. Sorry I couldn’t be off more help. You may want to call the company who manufactured the heater and perhaps they can be off more help.

Otpaddler

My 2017 Big Country 3965 has a fireplace in the living area. A few days ago it sparked and smoked so I’m
going to replace it. The issue is getting it out! Anyone got any suggestions?

wdk450

On My Bighorn, the electric fireplace has a wood trim surround cover with 4 obvious screw hole wooden plugs. You pry off the plugs, remove the screws and the wooden trim piece comes off the fireplace mounting wood. You next need to remove the front glass piece by removing 1 retaining screw and clip at the top center of the glass, and tipping the glass piece forward and up. The fireplace itself has 4 screws going into the surrounding wood, 2 on the left inside, 2 on the right inside. The power plug may come out and be accessible near the fireplace. Unplug the fireplace before removing. Pull it out from the surround wood to remove.

Otpaddler

On My Bighorn, the electric fireplace has a wood trim surround cover with 4 obvious screw hole wooden plugs. You pry off the plugs, remove the screws and the wooden trim piece comes off the fireplace mounting wood. You next need to remove the front glass piece by removing 1 retaining screw and clip at the top center of the glass, and tipping the glass piece forward and up. The fireplace itself has 4 screws going into the surrounding wood, 2 on the left inside, 2 on the right inside. The power plug may come out and be accessible near the fireplace. Unplug the fireplace before removing. Pull it out from the surround wood to remove.

No wooden plugs the front metal metal trim only. I am totally flummoxed

Lou_and_Bette

On mine, the beveled metal trim only goes around top and both sides, none on bottom. I have to slide trim up slightly and then it comes off.

Jim1971

My 2017 Big Country 3965 has a fireplace in the living area. A few days ago it sparked and smoked so I’m
going to replace it. The issue is getting it out! Anyone got any suggestions?
I am having the same problem was wondering if you got it figured out and could help me

Piperflyer

Otpaddler has the answer, slide trim up to expose screws holding the fireplace in. Electrical plug should be in a cabinet next to the fireplace to unplug

CoveredWagon

Bad news. They no longer make that fireplace, so you'll have to find a different replacement. Of course the ones I've seen aren't quite the same size

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Even if the fireplace is no longer available the heating/fan unit might be.
Although these have changed over the years I was able to find one on eBay. Much cheaper than replacing the entire fireplace.

Peace
Dave

Jim1971

Otpaddler has the answer, slide trim up to expose screws holding the fireplace in. Electrical plug should be in a cabinet next to the fireplace to unplug
I don't have wood trim or anything around it except for the black metal

Attachments

• 20220919_095145.jpg
    20220919_095145.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13

TrailCreek

If you have the Greystone fireplace, check the plug in the cabinet. If it is a flat disc with the cord coming out the side, make sure it is not melting. My fireplace, in a 2017 Newport, had a short adapter plugged into the factory plug to allow the cord to run flat against the side of the cabinet. It must have gone bad, arched, melted and finally quit working. When I tried to disconnect the plug it arched, shot sparks, and blew the GFI recept in the 1/2 bath. I removed the adapter and plugged the fireplace directly in to the plug, reset the GFI, and It is working fine now. It seems that the small adapter had a feature to allow the cord to rotate around the plug, which may mean the rotation mechanism is the fail point. Yea, the plug and wire now stick out in the cabinet and reduce storage, but I sleep better at night.