Bathroom light

Pama1

I have a 2019 Road Warrior 429 that was delivered today. I cant get the light on the ceiling of the small bathroom to come on by using the switch on the wall. There are no switches on the light itself...help me out!

Dahillbilly

Look for a blown fuse, if all good I'd check for voltage at the fixture itself & then the switch. If voltage at the fixture wires then it's a bad light. Good luck

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Some of the ceiling lights in Heartland's Toy Haulers are switched on or off by pressing on the the lens of the light.

Flick

I have a 2019 Road Warrior 429 that was delivered today. I cant get the light on the ceiling of the small bathroom to come on by using the switch on the wall. There are no switches on the light itself...help me out!

When checking voltage at the switch, remember that you’ll have to pick up a 12v ground from another source to hold on your voltage meter ground because the hot wire is cut and then joined by the switch itself. In other words, there is no ground on a 12v switch being that the 12v hot is being passed thru the switch to the light.
At the light, one of the 2 wires to the light is a ground and is a good place to check voltage.

Pama1

When checking voltage at the switch, remember that you’ll have to pick up a 12v ground from another source to hold on your voltage meter ground because the hot wire is cut and then joined by the switch itself. In other words, there is no ground on a 12v switch being that the 12v hot is being passed thru the switch to the light.
At the light, one of the 2 wires to the light is a ground and is a good place to check voltage.

We decided to let the service department at the facility we purchased it fix it. We also had no hot water at the kitchen sink but both bathrooms on either end of the RV did have hot water! They are going to fix that too. Thanks for your reply to my light switch problem!

Flick

We decided to let the service department at the facility we purchased it fix it. We also had no hot water at the kitchen sink but both bathrooms on either end of the RV did have hot water! They are going to fix that too. Thanks for your reply to my light switch problem!

The choice to let someone do the work, especially the place you bought your unit from, is a good choice. It may not be the case for you, but for others it sometimes turn into a nightmare on getting them to do the work in a timely manner.
Stay on them and call them occasionally to check on the progress. If not, 2 months for repairs could be the norm.