Fresh water tank issue

BGraydon

Hello,
We have had our Pioneer RD210 for a year with very little issues. I had to take it to Camping World for a warranty issue with the stabilizer jack in January. We have taken it out 3-4 times since then. I have not needed to use the fresh water tank as we are in campgrounds with city water. However I now notice the fresh water tank is full so I have to drain the 41 gallons before heading back home. How is this happening?
It wasn't happening before the warranty work was done. Is there a valve that got opened? i have looked under the bath tub and sink in the bathroom and find no valve. Thanks for your help.

Blair

BGraydon

OK I looked back at previous posts ( I should have done this first) and like the idea of putting a check valve next to the water pump. I'm pretty handy with these type tasks. So now my question is how to get to the water pump on our Pioneer RD210?

pegmikef

OK I looked back at previous posts ( I should have done this first) and like the idea of putting a check valve next to the water pump. I'm pretty handy with these type tasks. So now my question is how to get to the water pump on our Pioneer RD210?

I don't know where yours is, but the one in our North Trail was under the bed on the left side of the storage area. They are pretty commonly under built in bench seats, under bed storage, etc. The one under our bed had a covered compartment in the storage under the bed that the lid had to be unscrewed to access it.

On Edit. When that happened to me, I disconnected the shore water and ran off the pump until the tank was empty.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I leave my freh water tank drain open all the time. We never boondock and carry a gllon of water - plenty to take care of side-of-the-road pit stops, and I immediately know if there is a problem with water flowing into the tank.