GF protected plug cover

Albertg

I have a GF kitchen plug that seems to have failed. The plug cover has no screw in it to remove it. Before I bust it thought Id ask if there is a trick or just pry it off?
Odd that there is no reset on this plug.
Thanks
Al

danemayer

If there's no reset button, why do you think this is a GFCI outlet? The GFCI is probably in the bathroom which is where you'll usually find the outlet with a reset button.

As for the cover, I think mine are held on by friction fit and easily come off. The outlet itself may have screws that rotate a piece of plastic behind the wall.

Check the bathroom first. If it won't stay reset, check outside and UDC outlets for water intrusion.

Albertg

If there's no reset button, why do you think this is a GFCI outlet? The GFCI is probably in the bathroom which is where you'll usually find the outlet with a reset button.

As for the cover, I think mine are held on by friction fit and easily come off. The outlet itself may have screws that rotate a piece of plastic behind the wall.

Check the bathroom first. If it won't stay reset, check outside and UDC outlets for water intrusion.

It has a sticker on it that says it's protected, it's next to the kitchen sink. It's the only plug not working, no breakers tripped or fuses showing blown.
Al

danemayer

It has a sticker on it that says it's protected, it's next to the kitchen sink. It's the only plug not working, no breakers tripped or fuses showing blown.
Al
There's usually a string of protected outlets, all protected by a single GFCI outlet. And that is usually in the bathroom. The bathroom outlet, will usually be the one with the reset button. If that outlet is working, you might have a 2nd GFCI outlet in the kitchen.

If you've checked every other outlet inside and outside, and there's only one outlet failing, it's probably a loose wire at the outlet.

Albertg

There's usually a string of protected outlets, all protected by a single GFCI outlet. And that is usually in the bathroom. The bathroom outlet, will usually be the one with the reset button. If that outlet is working, you might have a 2nd GFCI outlet in the kitchen.

If you've checked every other outlet inside and outside, and there's only one outlet failing, it's probably a loose wire at the outlet.

Didn't check the bathroom plug. Reset the GF and it's working now.
Thanks so much for the assistance, you saved me a lot of work and frustration.
Be safe out there and happy camping.
Al