Help with TV mount location in Fuel 352

RANDO

I am trying to mount a tv in the bedroom of a Fuel 352. When I took the tv out of the old camper it had a label on the wall where the backer board was. The Fuel doesn’t have the label but it has the power and cable connection. I used a stud finder that told me the wall was solid by the connections so I drilled a pilot hole only to find a hollow space. I moved down a couple of inches and tried again. Now I have two holes in the wall, a very mad wife, a stud finder in the trash and a tv that still needs mounting. Any Fuel 352 owners that can tell me where the backer board is? While I am asking looks like I will have the same thing in the garage as it isn’t marked either.

Thanks in advance.

Flick

I am trying to mount a tv in the bedroom of a Fuel 352. When I took the tv out of the old camper it had a label on the wall where the backer board was. The Fuel doesn’t have the label but it has the power and cable connection. I used a stud finder that told me the wall was solid by the connections so I drilled a pilot hole only to find a hollow space. I moved down a couple of inches and tried again. Now I have two holes in the wall, a very mad wife, a stud finder in the trash and a tv that still needs mounting. Any Fuel 352 owners that can tell me where the backer board is? While I am asking looks like I will have the same thing in the garage as it isn’t marked either.

Thanks in advance.

If your stud finder said it was a stud there, it likely is. The studs are aluminum and you probably drilled thru them. Instead of a drill, try to locate the aluminum stud with a small nail. If there is nothing solid to screw into, you may have to first mount a nice board and then mount your tv to it. But there will be a stud somewhere and probably close to the connections.

RANDO

If your stud finder said it was a stud there, it likely is. The studs are aluminum and you probably drilled thru them. Instead of a drill, try to locate the aluminum stud with a small nail. If there is nothing solid to screw into, you may have to first mount a nice board and then mount your tv to it. But there will be a stud somewhere and probably close to the connections.

The stud finder was showing a large solid area not just a narrow strip like a stud. Is it possible to have a aluminum plate? I used a magnet and only found metal about 3" to the left of the bathroom door. I'm thinking it was conduit to the air conditioner. I will wait until the wife is gone and try the nail. I was looking for hollow wall anchors but have not found any strong enough that is short enough to fit in the wall space.

Thanks again Flick for the nail idea I will give it a try.

Flick

The stud finder was showing a large solid area not just a narrow strip like a stud. Is it possible to have a aluminum plate? I used a magnet and only found metal about 3" to the left of the bathroom door. I'm thinking it was conduit to the air conditioner. I will wait until the wife is gone and try the nail. I was looking for hollow wall anchors but have not found any strong enough that is short enough to fit in the wall space.

Thanks again Flick for the nail idea I will give it a try.

Since there are tv connections on that wall, it seems likely that a support for the tv may be built in. I’m sure you are aware but for those who are following this who don’t know, aluminum cannot be found with a magnet.