Tankless water heater.

BandK

Looks like my 2013 Elkridge 34QSRL water heater has decided to leak.
Is there any experience or suggestions for going tankless?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

sengli

Couple of years ago we were looking at a some smaller fivers from jayco. At that time they would come from the factory with tankless water heaters as an option. After a while on their forum, looks like a lot of people were having issues with them, and were being swapped for free at the factory with the standard tanked type. There were issue with leaks, and the winterizing on them also wasnt without pitfalls causing them to be damaged from cold.

Flick

Looks like my 2013 Elkridge 34QSRL water heater has decided to leak.
Is there any experience or suggestions for going tankless?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

One of these days, a reliable tankless water heater for rv’s will be available. There are several on the market now, but they simply must not be as good as we are led to believe. Otherwise, they would be getting more attention from rv manufacturers.
I would be one of the first to consider this because I have been using tankless for years in my homes. But I don’t think they are there yet in being able to provide the consumer (me) with a trouble free, proven product. For sure what we use now has it’s weaknesses, but it is reliable for the most part.
Just a couple of negatives comes to mind. If your water is pulsating, your hot water may be inconsistent. Since tankless water heaters raise the water temperature above the ambient temp, your hot water could be considerably cooler if you are in a very cold climate. And probably the worst thing is that you have to use your Lp gas which is not good for those of us who pack gas in tanks. Just some thoughts.

2TrakR

Have one, my opinion and more details are in another thread.

I would not recommend one if you are looking for equal performance to a traditional tank unit.

Ours functions, but it is quirky.