NEED A/C ideas !!

"Hi-Viz" Bill

Help!! Right now we're in the 6th day of 100°+ temps, here in Mesa, AZ, and now it seems only 2 of my 3 A/C units are cooling!! Anyone have any ideas as to what issues I may be having??? Thank you.

danemayer

Hi Bill,

It could just be a failing A/C unit. But, you have a Precision Circuits System that manages power consumption. If there's too much power being drawn, I believe the power is first cut to the water heater, and then next to the rear A/C unit. And I think the blower continues to run, but there's no cooling.

If your rear A/C unit is the one that won't run, try shutting off other 120V AC appliances to see if it starts cooling. If that does not help, you may just have a problem with the A/C unit.

"Hi-Viz" Bill

The A/C units in question, are the middle (which is a heat pump) & the rear .. And even though the inside temp is 9° more than the thermostat setting, the rear unit is cycling on/off every 2 or 3 minutes .. I did shut off the water heater, which "MAYBE" helped slightly, but not sure .. Also, the front unit seems to be working perfectly !!

jbeletti

Bill - while you may have an AC issue, I think Dan is on to something here.

In this thread, there's a load table and the shed order of the PCS. At least, that's how it used to be.

To shed the air conditioners, the freeze sensor circuit is shorted to fake the AC into thinking it's frozen. This effectively shuts the compressor off and as Dan said, the blower motor will continue to run, so long as the thermostat is calling for air.

You should be able to confirm what if any loads are shed by looking at the PCS display and scrolling through the screens.