Problem with light switches on 2017 Newport

budman229

We have a 2017 Newport with the EMS system. Have 2 light switches that quit working. The first is the "Edge Lights" on the main panel. The other is the "Overhead Lights" in the dinette slide out. The switches themselves light up but the related lights don't. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

danemayer

These are controlled by the KIB convenience panel and are independent of the EMS system. Our owner-written KIB Multi-Plex user guide may be helpful in figuring it out.

There are 3 circuit boards in-between the convenience panel and the individual devices. Location varies by floor plan. Look for a removable panel in a closet or cupboard, perhaps in the hallway closet if you have one.

You may have a loose wire connection on a circuit board, or at the individual device. Or you could have a loose ground wire on the backside of the main fuse box.

Oldelevatorman

On the Newport the KIB panel is located in the closet on the right as you go up the stairs to the bedroom behind that small shelf. The only reason I know is that a fellow Newport owner was revamping that closet and found it after removing that shelf. He relocated it the right side of the closet with a removable panel so it’s directly behind the main light panel opposite the entry door. There are fuses on it but how would anyone ever know it. I never knew it even existed. Not one of their more brilliant ideas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk