Changing Black tank valve problems

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
I have a few questions,
1. Is thew opening for the black tank on the drivers side of the RV? I have not dropped the under bellie yet, Just need to know what I am looking for and where We have Bighorn 3760 EL. I guess what I am asking, does the drain pipe conect to the tank close to the outside of the rig or in the middle someplace.
2. Have any of you experienced that the cable when inserted into the slide of the valve, it only goes in about an 1/8th of an inch. Cannot see it through the set screw hole.

Piperflyer

Connects close to the outside of the rig by the frame. Where the drain goes through the coroplastic is very close to the valve. Don't drop the coroplastic but make a 3 sided cut in it big enough around this area to expose the valve. Then us gorilla tape to seal the 3 sided cut back up. Hope that answers your question

MTPockets

I have a few questions,
1. Is thew opening for the black tank on the drivers side of the RV? I have not dropped the under bellie yet, Just need to know what I am looking for and where We have Bighorn 3760 EL. I guess what I am asking, does the drain pipe conect to the tank close to the outside of the rig or in the middle someplace.
2. Have any of you experienced that the cable when inserted into the slide of the valve, it only goes in about an 1/8th of an inch. Cannot see it through the set screw hole.
By chance did you get an extended warranty policy? We had all our valves replaced by mobile tech under our extended policy. PS, some components have two year warranty, separate from Heartland warranty.... Valves maybe.

Chainsaw

thanks for the replies, has anyone had trouble feeding the cable into the valve shaft?

Chainsaw

Update to this problem

Our dealer sold out last September. I was wondering why he was clearing everything out just before the rally. He had been putting me off getting our valves changed. He had more excuses than a pregnant nun as to why he could not get our trailer. I heard from my neighbour who heard up at the lake that they sold out.

I looked at the Heartland site to find a dealer in Western Canada there are none. I called the plant, explained the situation. Heartland offered to pay to have the black tank valve changed since I had been trying while still on warranty ( I have the emails etc). They not only paid to have the Black tank changed, they sent valves for the 2 gray tanks which I will change myself.

Hats off to Heartland, normally when something breaks and you do not get it looked after during warranty, you just get to keep the broken pieces!!!

DonM

I have a 3760el also, do you know what brand the black tack valve is? Mine is leaking by when closed and I want to fix, but would like to have the parts on hand before I start.

Thanks Don

Chainsaw

I have a 3760el also, do you know what brand the black tack valve is? Mine is leaking by when closed and I want to fix, but would like to have the parts on hand before I start.

Thanks Don

They replaced with Valtera, You can get them on amazon. thats where I was going to order from.