It's Official -- BH 3055RL Owner

PacMan4x4

Well folks...the wait is over. DW and I are proud owers of an 08' BH 3055RL and it's in MY driveway now :D . The PDI went good....had them fix a couple of lil' things that we noticed, but the dealer did a pretty good look over before we did our part. Did get kinda ticked at one point about re-winterizing it. I had mentioned last Tuesday when we signed the paperwork that I wanted it re-winterized after the PDI since it will just be sitting for the winter--no prob, I'll write that down said the salesman. As I'm having the service guy show me the winterization valves behind the docking station, I inquire about the the "how to" of winterizing and discovered that the position the valves were supposed to be in for winterizing, weren't. After checking further...they hadn't winterized it. Salesman came out and I asked him about him--cuz at this point they were wanting to charge me for it. He's like..oh yeah, I remember...they can do it and put it on your bill. It was obvious to everyone in the service area at that point that Pac Man wasn't happy....I wasn't expecting to drop 100 bucks for winterizing. I had other things to buy with that 100. It all worked out in the end...the service manager came back a lil' later and said they'd take care of the winterizing at no cost to me. I did get a lil' resistance from the salesman when I asked about the invoice so I can ensure I have everything in the unit that I'm supposed to have--he didn't think they had anything and I assured him that they had to have something that lists what the unit has, cuz ya'll told me at one point during my pre - buy searches that you'd have to check the invoice of another unit I was looking at to see if it was ordered with a particular option I was asking about. We went back and forth for a bit on that....I told him I don't care what they paid for the unit--rip that part off or mark it out--I want a list of options that are supposed to be on the one I'm picking up today. The inernet sales dude came through on that. Got a Reese 16K hitch and brake controller installed and everything else worked out just fine. We were excited to have it hitched up and dragging it down the highway. Hope to see some of ya'll on the road--thanks for all the info I found on this site. I'll have to do some searchin' to figure out the television and getting it tuned, but that's for a different thread

roazo

Sundance Owner
Hi PacMan4X4

Congrats on your new BigHorn. Welcome to the Heartland family, Hope to see you at a Rally.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Pac Man, Good to hear you have your Bighorn. We'll be sure to let you know when we're heading north so maybe we can meet. Pretty chilly up that way today eh?

cowsrout

Congratulations,

We are waiting for ours to be built. Said it'd be sometime in January before we get our Big Horn. Can't wait to have ours sitting in our driveway.

cowsrout