Wanted: Crank-up style antenna

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Does anyone have a complete crank-up antenna (all of the parts included) laying around that they would be interested in getting rid of?

We “upgraded” to a King Jack and tossed our old antenna years ago, but have found the Jack Antenna is not getting signals like our old crank-up used to. I think it’s because it’s obstructed often by the AC it’s next to.

If anyone has one “laying around” and wants to get rid of it, let me know. I can pay shipping. :)

Need in hand by June 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

Does anyone have a complete crank-up antenna (all of the parts included) laying around that they would be interested in getting rid of?

We “upgraded” to a King Jack and tossed our old antenna years ago, but have found the Jack Antenna is not getting signals like our old crank-up used to. I think it’s because it’s obstructed often by the AC it’s next to.

If anyone has one “laying around” and wants to get rid of it, let me know. I can pay shipping. :)

Need in hand by June 1.

Boy I'm glad I returned my king jack.
You would think they would put that caution in the discription.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have one, but it would expensive to repackage and has been out in the weather for six years. A new one with quick delivery is available on
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=wineguar...prefix=wineguard+,aps,230&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_7_10

Yes I didn’t want to spend over $100 to then cannibalize it to add a jack antenna head.

We loved the jack antenna head on our previous rig on the AntennaTek crank-up arm. When we got the new rig in 2016, we decided to go with an all-in-one Jack antenna, and not have to worry with remembering to put the antenna down. However, in our same rural “home” rv park and site, we cannot get the channels we could with the taller antenna mast. The major stations’ towers are about 50 miles away. Although we typically use satellite, there are times during storms we need that antenna to watch local weather.

mlpeloquin

Yes I didn’t want to spend over $100 to then cannibalize it to add a jack antenna head.

We loved the jack antenna head on our previous rig on the AntennaTek crank-up arm. When we got the new rig in 2016, we decided to go with an all-in-one Jack antenna, and not have to worry with remembering to put the antenna down. However, in our same rural “home” rv park and site, we cannot get the channels we could with the taller antenna mast. The major stations’ towers are about 50 miles away. Although we typically use satellite, there are times during storms we need that antenna to watch local weather.

So, if I understand properly, you want an old Winegard crank up antenna? Boxed up and shipped to you? If so, let me know and I can send it to you.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired

Agree with that. I put the king head on our crank up and it was a 100% improvement. The shorty king antenna on the current rig is lower than the AC shroud and any stations in that quadrant are null

mlpeloquin

Sent you a PM.

Antenna cranks up and down like new. I slapped this together so my son could get TV in his apartment several years ago. I can take the head off since it is the same as the one on our new to us SOB Class A.

IMG_0160.JPG

IMG_0162.JPG