Mystery switch.

Hey everyone. We have a heartland sundance 3600qb and have been loving it. The only part both of us are confused with is a mystery switch in the main panel. I found the control for the overhead fan but cannot figure out wtf this one does. The dealer I bought it from had no idea as it is a used unit.

thanks in advance.

. image.jpgimage.jpg

Chippendale

I had a 2014 Gateway 3300ML that had a "mystery switch". There was a wall cabinet with a fireplace in the bottom and a TV above it. One day, I was on a ladder for some reason, can't remember what and happened to look over on top of the TV/fireplace cabinet and there was a light up there facing the ceiling. The light had a toggle switch on it which was in the "off" position. I turned it on and the light did not turn on, then I turned on the "mystery switch" and there was light. I don't what the light was for, I guess some sort of mood light, but as far as I was concerned, it was useless. You might have something like that.

I had a 2014 Gateway 3300ML that had a "mystery switch". There was a wall cabinet with a fireplace in the bottom and a TV above it. One day, I was on a ladder for some reason, can't remember what and happened to look over on top of the TV/fireplace cabinet and there was a light up there facing the ceiling. The light had a toggle switch on it which was in the "off" position. I turned it on and the light did not turn on, then I turned on the "mystery switch" and there was light. I don't what the light was for, I guess some sort of mood light, but as far as I was concerned, it was useless. You might have something like that.

were you hooked to power? I haven’t noticed any extra lights that don’t turn on besides the overhead fan that is on with the fan while I’m on shore power.

Chippendale

It was just like one of the ceiling lights, DC, but it was mounted on top of the cabinet facing up and had a toggle switch on it. It could not be seen from standing on the floor. My guess is the "toggle switch" was supposed to be on all the time and the off and on function was controlled by the Mystery Switch on the control panel. Maybe it was intended to be a night light or something like that. As far as I was concerned, it was useless.

You could try calling Heartland with your year, brand, model and vin # and maybe they can tell you what it is for. If you can see on top of your cabinets, look up there. I guess, Heartland thinks there has to be a little mystery in everyone's life. Good Luck

dmarch

Mine has a similar switch and it is for the electric water heater. There is also a small toggle switch in the lower left corner of the water heater when accessed from the outside panel that must also be on for the electric heat to work.

Dale