Slide room, leak or condensation?

h2oskierc

Wondering if anyone has ever dealt with a leaky slide room, and how that presents vs condensation. We just got home after our first weekend in our 2021 North Trail 33 BUDS. Was raining from about noon on Saturday, and still raining. We found what we initially thought was the bunkhouse slide room leaking. The little chair/bed pads under the slide room bunk were fairly wet, and the slide room had a couple wet walls.

Initially the panic was a leak in the slide room, perhaps the seals. They all look good, unless I don’t know what I’m looking for? Which is possible.

5a5c398f710d185e5bb179e0512f79b8.jpg

dd81d05659ea0abd2ba999ff624e7dfc.jpg

dcbf5ad8e0078bbd1f63766122f9e1a6.jpg

Now after getting the trailer home (we camped about 12 miles away), I’ve been in the slide room a couple times, and still feels really wet. Like too wet to be a small leak, but not wet enough to be a major leak. How can we tell if it is condensation? Seems like it is probably the coldest part of the trailer, and I found some water droplets on the wall again:

652352a46efdc9ec803b952fa824c77a.mov

I uploaded the large version of that photo so you can zoom in and see. The window on the slide room is to the left there.

Also water droplets along the whole wall, like above the window behind the valance, and then the rear slide room wall which you can see in an exterior photo.

I do see a little spot where some of the tape on that edge is lifting, but I have to think that tape is just covering the call there to keep it from wearing on the seals?

1f784aea3816e6a84bcf82da5f2aabd5.jpg

I’d welcome any thoughts. Especially how to determine if it is condensation. I’ve turned the furnace off, and will check once the RV cools off. Probably going to put a fan in there to dry out the wallpaper.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had leaks in both my dinette and kitchen slides. Water was coming down the sides and getting in through the horizontal rails at the bottom of the outer slide walls. There was enough that the floors delaminated. Both slide floors are now being replaced at Heartland's expense as this was a structural issue caused by the butyl tape under the rails not sealing like it should. I was denied warranty help a couple of times but I wouldn't take no for an answer from Heartland. Be persistent to get taken care of properly. What you have going on is more than likely not condensation.

cauman

I had leaks in both my dinette and kitchen slides. Water was coming down the sides and getting in through the horizontal rails at the bottom of the outer slide walls. There was enough that the floors delaminated. Both slide floors are now being replaced at Heartland's expense as this was a structural issue caused by the butyl tape under the rails not sealing like it should. I was denied warranty help a couple of times but I wouldn't take no for an answer from Heartland. Be persistent to get taken care of properly. What you have going on is more than likely not condensation.
Same thing mine is doing! I am so furious! Haven't had it a full year yet.

mwc

Same thing here, 3 slideouts rotted on a 3 year old rig. HL told me too bad too sad. I think my fridge is about to fall thru my floor.

emery395

About 1/3 of Bedroom slide floor in closet has delaminated. I’m out of warranty plus have no way to haul. Looking for ideas how to add back some structure to what’s still there after removing most of delaminated section.

sengli

Looking at the one photo of the interior wall, looks like condensation to me. If its super humid out and your running the air a lot, we have had our cooling runs in the ceiling be wet with condensate. These RV's walls are like a foam cup, if its filled with cool liquids they will sweat. Rain needs to drain off the slide, look for anything that might not let the water shed off the structure.

Danncas

I have the same problem whom. All did you contact. I will not give up