Warranty issue

sengli

So I took my landmark, with full body paint in for warranty, to affinity RV repair. The plastic wheel skirts were broken, even when I picked it up. Called heartland and they sent me new skirts. But now the factory wont pay to have them painted? I am still under warranty.
So not sure what to do with the replacements as they would look hideous w/o paint match.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Was it documented that the wheel skirts were broken when you first bought the trailer? If so , get back on the phone with Heartland and elevate the conversation as high as you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sengli

Talked to the factory again. Was told I was lucky to get the replacement fender skirts, due to their cost. They refuse to have them painted. Of course they also didnt return my previous calls, to inquire about this issue. They were nice about it, but the end result is less than desirable.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Take your paint code to a paint store and have them mix up a batch of paint for plastic and put it in a rattle can.
It's probably not worth the aggravation to pursue getting a warranty claim.

Peace
Dave

pegmikef

So I took my landmark, with full body paint in for warranty, to affinity RV repair. The plastic wheel skirts were broken, even when I picked it up. Called heartland and they sent me new skirts. But now the factory wont pay to have them painted? I am still under warranty.
So not sure what to do with the replacements as they would look hideous w/o paint match.

What did Rod or Bob at Affinity say about it. I saw their paint guy (outside contractor) do a lot of painting there. IMHO that should be covered under warranty. They approved replacing and painting my entry door. You paid for full body paint so I would think it would be covered if you received the rig with damaged fender skirts.

One other point. I have had more luck using email to correspond my problems using pictures. That way there is a written record of what I was told.

sengli

Well after Dan intervened for me, and the factory is now going to paint my fenders flares now. There was a mis-understanding about the parts involved. The factory had already sent me a new set of flares, which I still have. But never got them painted yet, cause my warranty wasnt up yet.