F450 and RW 387 Pin Box - Any issues?

Jilleddie

We have been using our RW387 with a Reese 27K Fifth Wheel in our F350. Everything is working perfectly.
Today we purchased an F450 and will be picking it up next week.

UTube has us concerned as someone posted a video of the reduced turning ratio with their F450 so they had to upgrade the Mor Ryde Pin Box on their camper to a Gen Y Pin box. Actually it was so reduced that camper hit the sides of the box.

Has anyone experienced a problem with their RW and their F450?
Did you have to make any modifications?

Jill and Eddie
Clifton Twp PA
Living Life TanLineFree

porthole

Retired
We have been using our RW387 with a Reese 27K Fifth Wheel in our F350. Everything is working perfectly.
Today we purchased an F450 and will be picking it up next week.

UTube has us concerned as someone posted a video of the reduced turning ratio with their F450 so they had to upgrade the Mor Ryde Pin Box on their camper to a Gen Y Pin box. Actually it was so reduced that camper hit the sides of the box.

Has anyone experienced a problem with their RW and their F450?
Did you have to make any modifications?

Jill and Eddie
Clifton Twp PA
Living Life TanLineFree

What year was the 350?
And what year 450?

2020 450's came built a bit lower in the bed height, about an inch.
The back of the pin box frame (not the pin box itself) was an issue with our Cyclone and the side rails of a roller cover.

The Gen Y is about 2" shorter and 'may' help. It may also mean clearance issues with the tail gate hooking up and and disconnecting.

cashmore

I have a 2020 F450 and a 2020 Cyclone 4115. It came with the standard Lippert solid pinbox I used that for a short while and had no issues with turning at all, Jack knifed and all. Recently had a MorRyde RPB put on and have no issues with that either (other than a much better ride :eek:). I run that exact Reese 27k hitch with the factory puck system. I have ~6in of bed rail clearance and have never had a turn that hit or came close to hitting. Now, with that said, I can't speak to having extra rails on the factory bed rails for a bed cover as I don't have one. I know some people have had some issues with hitting bed side with the Lippert Air Ride pinbox being close to the bed rails. Measure your heights and adjust the hitch, pinbox and unit accordingly to be as level as possible.