Sailun S637T Tires

Schultz14

I bought 4 Sailuns from Simple Tire in March ($608.64 total) and took them to America’s Tire to be installed. Back in March ST had the cheapest price to get 4 Sailun on my porch. I’m very happy with the ST experience and will go back unless a made in the USA tire of the same quality and closer to the $138 a tire price than price of Goodyear’s becomes available.
Can’t wait to get the Sailuns on the road. Just waiting for the country to open up again.
Augie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SNOKING

danemayer;638492 There is an important difference however. Goodyear said:
Note that this is Goodyear policy, not warranty. That means they could change their policy without notice.

Nevertheless, Sailun makes a good tire at a good price.

Sorry as noted, Goodyear does that as a good will gesture. Their warranty excludes consequential damage! However they have been good at covering vehicle damage, IF you keep the failed tire and have a dealer ship it to them. They will offer to pay one insurance deductible, however if you are firm with them, they will pay for the damage. Chris

jskeele

Greetings.... I'd sure appreciate some input! My tires on the Big Horn 3760 EL are, in my opinion, timing out. I want to replace them with the Sailun S637T (ST235/85 R-16) 14Ply G rated tires. I'm seeing a good price on the Simple Tire Web site and I'm thinking of plunking down the $$$. Any opinion(s) on either the tire brand, model and/or on doing business with the folks at SimpleTire would be very helpful
Thanks in advance,
Ed
I also am looking for the Sailun S637 and checked with the folks at SimpleTire. I wanted to know if I was to purchase and have them shipped, would they all be within one year of the manufacture date. I was told NO - they stock tires up to four years old and they don't check the DOT before shipping so I could end up with 4 four year old tires before I even put them on the Bighorn. NO THANK YOU!!

jskeele

I bought 4 Sailuns from Simple Tire in March ($608.64 total) and took them to America’s Tire to be installed. Back in March ST had the cheapest price to get 4 Sailun on my porch. I’m very happy with the ST experience and will go back unless a made in the USA tire of the same quality and closer to the $138 a tire price than price of Goodyear’s becomes available.
Can’t wait to get the Sailuns on the road. Just waiting for the country to open up again.
Augie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Schultz14: just curious whether you checked the manufactured date on each tire when you received them. SimpleTire told me that they stock tires that are up to 4 yrs old, they don't check the DOT before shipping so I could very well end up with 4 yr old tires before they even get put on my Bighorn.

Matt750

I also am looking for the Sailun S637 and checked with the folks at SimpleTire. I wanted to know if I was to purchase and have them shipped, would they all be within one year of the manufacture date. I was told NO - they stock tires up to four years old and they don't check the DOT before shipping so I could end up with 4 four year old tires before I even put them on the Bighorn. NO THANK YOU!!
Back in 2016 I ordered from Simple Tire for our former toy hauler. I just checked my notes and I had them installed in April of 2016 (probably ordered in March). The date codes ranged from the 35th week of 2015 to the 48th week of 2015. My best guess is that they go through the Sailun tires fairly often. I don’t think you would get a four year old Sailun, but I guess you never know! It seems like a lot of people order from them.

danemayer

I'd guess if you called back and got a different employee, you'd probably get a completely different answer. Btw, it's pretty hard to stay in business holding inventory for 4 years.

jskeele

Back in 2016 I ordered from Simple Tire for our former toy hauler. I just checked my notes and I had them installed in April of 2016 (probably ordered in March). The date codes ranged from the 35th week of 2015 to the 48th week of 2015. My best guess is that they go through the Sailun tires fairly often. I don’t think you would get a four year old Sailun, but I guess you never know! It seems like a lot of people order from them.
While you're probably right that the risk of getting an "old" date code tire is minimal, I ended up finding another source; Burt Brothers in Utah. I placed my order with Walmart (Burt Brothers is their supplier) and called Burt Brothers directly. I gave them my Walmart order number and they went and pulled 5 tires that were all DOT April of 2021. Highly recommend the Walmart / Burt Brothers connection if anyone is looking for Sailun Tires for your rig.