Norcold 2118

muzhunter

I purchased a 2016 BH 3010 recently.

Started the fridge up last night, up early this morning thought I would go check it. Walk in and hear the fans inside the fridge running ( didn't know it had these ).

Been doing a little reading on the forum, lots of post on fans to help cooling.

Do these fans run constant? or off and on with propane gas cycles?

Thanks Mark

Garypowell

Mark,
I have a 2013 version 3010 with the same fridge. I hear the fans every so often but the noise generally gets lost in the background.

I am sure you are like me and many others that hear EVERYTHING right after making a big purchase....I think that will settle down with time. But no harm in asking.

I think the most important thing for you to worry about now is the physical integrity of the unit. It might have been the taken care of unit ever.....and then again maybe not. My point is you should check every seam and inspect the caulking. If it looks original.....your first job will be to strip out the old and put in new.

we love our unit and I am sure you will too....but they all need lots of attention as they get older.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
The interior fans in our 2118 cycle on and off. During the day when the fridge doors are being opened and closed they run almost constant. After cooling all night most mornings the fans have shutdown. They start up again with the day’s use of the fridge and increase of daily temps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

The fans are controlled by a thermostat located on the back of the cooling unit.
130 to 135° thermostat located at the top right.
I added two computer fans facing out wire in with the factory fans. Huge difference.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk