Add Slide Out Covers?

ChadGnad

Hey all - recently went camping, therefore it rained everyday. Got to thinking that Slide Out covers would be a nice addition. I have a 2018 29BH Fifth wheel. Has anyone added covers to the slide out? Did the OEM add a reenforment strip behind the wall panel to attach the fabric? Being an light frame I know its a laminated wall....fiberglass, stroyfoam and a thin wood venneer on the inside. Hoping they added something to attach these to. Anyone know?

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Love hate relationship.
Great when you’re under the trees and keeping debris off the slides, love them.
If you’re parked in the open and it’s windy all day and night, hate them.
Still wouldn’t be without them though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Had them installed before we took possession in early 2009. Well worth it unless you always camp in a treeless cow pasture. They also keep rain from pooling on top of a slide and finding its way inside if the seal isn’t perfectly deployed.

bimbam

I installed a cover on my Sundance 262 tt and like you said there are basically 3 layers in the wall. When i installed the

rail that holds the cover I used a heavy duty caulking behind the rail then installed all of the screws. Before installing each

screw I drilled a 1/8 starter hole just through the outside layer. This helped to prevent cracking of this outer coating.

When I installed the roller to the slide out one of the screws punctured the electric wire that services the 12volt lights in

the slide out. Trailer manufacturer error. there are a lot of youtube videos that show how to install the cover. Good Luck

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Just had Solar toppers added to all 4 slides this week.
b823b3db165d8df5dfd5a690ccff6b24.jpg

NYSUPstater

Jamie,
It loks like they are attached to side of coach a decent amount higher above the slide so rain will run off better. Ours are a bit more level which stinks. Factory put ours on.
OP, we woudn't be w/o ours. No more climbing up to sweep slides off before bringing them in. Another benny is that they also help in very sunny areas by keeping the sun off top of slide itself.

carl.swoyer

Love hate relationship.
Great when you’re under the trees and keeping debris off the slides, love them.
If you’re parked in the open and it’s windy all day and night, hate them.
Still wouldn’t be without them though

I agree about the wind and the flapping.
I have been known to close the the two slides in the living area
That being said there's no way I can imagine being without them.
They also provide a cooler slide in the sun.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Jamie, if you don’t mind me asking, what did that run? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Erika, about $1600 for all four slides
Jamie, It loks like they are attached to side of coach a decent amount higher above the slide so rain will run off better. Ours are a bit more level which stinks. Factory put ours on. OP, we woudn't be w/o ours. No more climbing up to sweep slides off before bringing them in. Another benny is that they also help in very sunny areas by keeping the sun off top of slide itself.
Yes. You are correct. They said that they try to mount the wall mount as high as possible and the slide mount as low as possible... to give more slope.