Satelite roof backing

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Your best bet is to call Heartland Customer Service, they can send you a schematic of your roof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pjones1969

Your best bet is to call Heartland Customer Service, they can send you a schematic of your roof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s the way to go for sure, I did that when we installed ours and it was right where the schematic showed it.

Johnston1107

That’s the way to go for sure, I did that when we installed ours and it was right where the schematic showed it.
So the satelite cable was exactly where the schematic says 22" behind front vent also what size hole did you drill to retrieve the cable. Thank you

pjones1969

So the satelite cable was exactly where the schematic says 22" behind front vent also what size hole did you drill to retrieve the cable. Thank you

Its been a while but I believe I drilled a 1-1/2” hole with a hole saw and used one of those springy finger extensions to dig it out with

C8017914-9922-4609-A85D-1DF3CC80486F.jpeg

Johnston1107

It wasn't too far away from where I drilled, I do remember it not being "right there" and thinking I just made a big mistake drilling a hole in my roof, but it was in there.
Thanks for your help after some searching I found the cables. Just like you I thought I made a mistake . Installed the roof mounted dish today so all is Good! Again thanks

Angler

Thanks for your help after some searching I found the cables. Just like you I thought I made a mistake . Installed the roof mounted dish today so all is Good! Again thanks
Did you install a travler's dish? Is there actually a backing plate to mount it to?