Ice maker on residential refrig for 2019 Big Country

sbowman3

Bought a 2019 Big Horn with residential refrig. Ice maker was not hooked up at factory, took back to dealer and they supposedly hooked it up. Still not making ice. Don't see an on/off switch on icemaker. Any suggestions on how to get this icemaker working?

danemayer

Don't see an on/off switch on icemaker.

Some icemakers have an on/off switch and a bail that shuts off the ice production when up (or when the bin is full). If you can't find the manual, look for the model # tag and use Google to find a copy online.

If there is no switch, the bail must be down. The water filter must be installed. The water feed line valve must be on. Air has to be purged from the water line. It may take several hours before the first ice cube appears.

trees1021

We have the Insignia 4 door & discovered that the mechanism to remove the ice tray was not turned all the way clockwise until it reached the dot or it wouldn’t work.

Fox

On my fridge I must remove two items before the ice makers on/off switch is visible.

First Remove the ice bin, then remove the panel that the ice bin attaches to (no tools required, just jiggle them out).
If necessary toggle the on/off switch on AND ensure the bail is in the lower position.

The bail will rise as ice is made and once the ice bin is full it'll be pushed up - turning off the water supply (so as to not flood it).

bh3585

Need to replace ice maker water supply line on 2018 Newport with a steel braided line I think the plastic line is leaking. The shut off valve is located under the sink and I can see where it is run in the cabinet on the slide where the fridge is. Anybody ever replaced theirs and how difficult is it to do? The fridge in an Insignia residential.