New 3000 watt inverter install problem 2017 Bighorn 3575EL

Short-Bed-Dually

2017 Bighorn 3575EL
I installed a 3000 watt inverter, six golf cart 6 volt batteries, Go Power TS-50 automatic transfer switch and a Functional Devices RIB2401B Power Relay. The RIB2401B Relay is wired normally closed to power off the 80 amp converter when running on the inverter.

All is working well with one exception. When it is switched over to run on the inverter after about 15 minutes the (12 volt) Jensen radio (when on and playing) cycles on and off. During this time the radio will not power off by the on–off switch. If I switch back to shore power the radio resumes normal. Does anyone have any ideas on this problem?

SNOKING

2017 Bighorn 3575EL
I installed a 3000 watt inverter, six golf cart 6 volt batteries, Go Power TS-50 automatic transfer switch and a Functional Devices RIB2401B Power Relay. The RIB2401B Relay is wired normally closed to power off the 80 amp converter when running on the inverter.

All is working well with one exception. When it is switched over to run on the inverter after about 15 minutes the (12 volt) Jensen radio (when on and playing) cycles on and off. During this time the radio will not power off by the on–off switch. If I switch back to shore power the radio resumes normal. Does anyone have any ideas on this problem?

Might try a noise filter on the radio power input. Something like this. https://www.amazon.com/Workman-NF-4...031&sprefix=noise+filter+for+,aps,344&sr=8-26

Short-Bed-Dually

Might try a noise filter on the radio power input. Something like this. https://www.amazon.com/Workman-NF-4...031&sprefix=noise+filter+for+,aps,344&sr=8-26

May be worth looking into.

The radio is cycling on and off like the power is turning on and off every every other second. When I turn the inverter off and the transfer switch goes back to shore power it resumes playing fine in a few minutes. (not immediately) It seems strange because the inverter is controlling AC power not DC power which the radio runs on. I can't be short on DC power with 645 amps available! I'm lost!

danemayer

On the Levelup Control Panel, you can cycle the mode to display DC voltage. See if the voltage level is fluctuating.

Or use a meter to check voltage at the fuses.

carl.swoyer

I had 4 jensen radios in my 2012 Landmark. Junk.
They all had there own mind.
Pulled it out and installed a Yamaha surround. No mo problem

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk