Electric wire through slide

chuitt

image3.jpegimage0.jpegimage4.jpegimage1.jpegimage5.jpegimage2.jpegimage0.jpegimage4.jpegimage1.jpegimage5.jpegHeartland 2015. Street side slide. We are looking at two 120 volt wires going through floor of the slide. Just below where the refrigerator sits. The problem is the wires get caught/crushed when the slide is rolled in. The wires are getting caught inside the slide. The best image is with the wires in the foreground and the weather flap and slide floor in the background. (see that hole in the rubber flap on the left side? Behind it sits a metal flashing). I replaced, soldered, spliced and sealed the wires but I did not fix the problem that caused it. I placed the metal brackets as protection but as you can see after one time slide in, it crushed the flattened the ring brackets and dislodged the wire.

Last edited:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Are the Flexguards still there? Those are long flexible plastic “strips” for lack of a better description that the wires should be attached to and in flexible conduit.Their purpose is to flex as the slide moves and hold the wires. Unfortunately, they can get brittle over time and break.

If this is your first posting, I believe you need to have at least two postings before pictures can be attached.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I really need to post the pictures of our problem here. I’m not communicating the problem. Please help me to upload our pictures.

If you're using a laptop and have the photos stored on it, use the Manage Attachments button further down the page to locate them and add them to the post. When you hit that button, it opens up a new dialog box. Use the button that says "Browse" to locate the files you want to attach. Click on the file and Open it. Then in the dialog box, below the Browse button it one that says "Upload." Click that and a small icon of the photo will appear in the bottom of the dialog box. Then just exit from the dialog box by hitting the X at the top. You should then see the file names for the photos under the Manage Attachments button.

You will have to select each photo individually while in the dialog box (don't close it after each one). When you exit the box, all of the selected photos should appear as mentioned above.

Using Tapatalk on your phone, if that's were the photos are, tap the icon at the top right (three lines) and select New Topic. There, you should see an icon for a picture on the bottom left. Use that to find the photo you want to add to your text, then Create.

There may be simpler methods from the tech guru's, but that's how I do it.

chuitt

Thank you. I was able to attach pictures. Hopefully we will have better luck.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're using a laptop and have the photos stored on it, use the Manage Attachments button further down the page to locate them and add them to the post. When you hit that button, it opens up a new dialog box. Use the button that says "Browse" to locate the files you want to attach. Click on the file and Open it. Then in the dialog box, below the Browse button it one that says "Upload." Click that and a small icon of the photo will appear in the bottom of the dialog box. Then just exit from the dialog box by hitting the X at the top. You should then see the file names for the photos under the Manage Attachments button.

You will have to select each photo individually while in the dialog box (don't close it after each one). When you exit the box, all of the selected photos should appear as mentioned above.

Using Tapatalk on your phone, if that's were the photos are, tap the icon at the top right (three lines) and select New Topic. There, you should see an icon for a picture on the bottom left. Use that to find the photo you want to add to your text, then Create.

There may be simpler methods from the tech guru's, but that's how I do it.

Thanks John. Very helpful.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

That doesn't look like the factory work. But I have seen worse. I would say something needs to be done with that. The wires need to be moved outward and go through a new hole.

dc2dcbae62d32defd4658711e7a04754.jpg