Eldridge 38 RSRT 2017 TOO MUCH?

Tledfh

We just purchased a 38 RSRT and will be picking it up in a week or so. I am worried for the first time in 25 years we have too much camper for our current truck.
we have camped every weekend April- Oct for 25 years .. we have a permanent camp located 20 miles from our home so we basically pull our rigs 2 times a year 20 miles each time.
we have downsized from a F 250 super duty diesel on our 2012 Cougar to a 2018 2500 Ram with air bags.. it actually handles the cougar better then the super Duty did. Now I am worried we need a bigger truck for our new camper.. it also is a short bed.. 6’4.. all advice appreciated. We are about a week away from picking up the new rig.

danemayer

You'll probably be overloaded on the hitch and rear axle. But for a 20 mile drive twice a year I wouldn't buy a new truck. Keep your speed down, leave lots of room for stopping, and don't tow in bad weather. If the RAM is a gasser, keep in mind that max horsepower is at high RPM, so be careful pulling out into traffic and avoid steep hills.

h2oskierc

With a hitch weight of 2,620 lbs you will likely be way over your payload capacity of your truck. There should be a sticker that says payload capacity. In addition, the dry weight of that trailer, according to google, is 13,525 lbs. On a 3/4 ton truck, that may be OK. I’d be concerned about the weight rating of the axle. Dodge likely has a towing guide you can find.

I’m close on my setup, but I’m not sure I’d want to be over weights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk