Wheel bearing repack

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
I always got the bearings done in May, it always cost around $325.00. Cheap considering what happened when we were heading to the Rally in Gillette.

Now the price has jumped to $525.00 ( new service manager) .
My question is, is there much difference in doing the bearings on our big Horn compared to our other Utility, quad trailers and car hauler trailers?
If so, doe anyone have a link to a youtube that shows this?
I looked at a few but the trailers were not near as large as ours, they were 5 and 6 bolt wheels.

rhodies1

I always got the bearings done in May, it always cost around $325.00. Cheap considering what happened when we were heading to the Rally in Gillette.

Now the price has jumped to $525.00 ( new service manager) .
My question is, is there much difference in doing the bearings on our big Horn compared to our other Utility, quad trailers and car hauler trailers?
If so, doe anyone have a link to a youtube that shows this?
I looked at a few but the trailers were not near as large as ours, they were 5 and 6 bolt wheels.

As stated..repack is like any other wheel bearing.But remember...Do Not lift the unit by the suspension of your Bighorn under the axles or springs to remove wheels.
You must lift the side of the unit by the frame only, lifting by using the suspension can cause axle bend or mis alignment.
Your Bighorn is extremely heavy.
If you have auto leveling,you can use this to lift the unit but still place blockage under the frame in case it fails.

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
As stated..repack is like any other wheel bearing.But remember...Do Not lift the unit by the suspension of your Bighorn under the axles or springs to remove wheels.
You must lift the side of the unit by the frame only, lifting by using the suspension can cause axle bend or mis alignment.
Your Bighorn is extremely heavy.
If you have auto leveling,you can use this to lift the unit but still place blockage under the frame in case it fails.

Thanks for the bearing info, I know all about proper lifting. attended many seminars in Goshen and other places. I understand many people do not know this