Hydraulic Slides

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Does anyone know the purpose of the black aluminum strips on the outside bottom of the slide? I have one that is really loose, but It doesn't really look like it serves a purpose. The same thing is on our cable driven slide as well but not on the schwintek.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Does anyone know the purpose of the black aluminum strips on the outside bottom of the slide? I have one that is really loose, but It doesn't really look like it serves a purpose. The same thing is on our cable driven slide as well but not on the schwintek.

Possibly a reinforcement where the slide rollers contact the underside of the slide? Look under the slide or behind the lower seal to see if there are rollers mounted to the main floor of the trailer.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Possibly a reinforcement where the slide rollers contact the underside of the slide? Look under the slide or behind the lower seal to see if there are rollers mounted to the main floor of the trailer.

What I am referring to isn't on the bottom where the rollers track. I am talking about on the outside, at the very bottom corner of the slide, on each side, under the windows. I am probably not explaining it very well.

Geodude

Do you mean the slide seal flippers? They help flip the seals so they are in the right position as the slide goes in or out.

danemayer

If it's a small rectangle, glued to the side walls of the slide, in a vertical orientation, it's a seal flipper.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Finally got a picture. The part there with the screws in it is what I have unsuccessfully been trying to describe.
20200606_135628.jpg20200606_135628.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Mike, that's a trim strip and should be caulked to the wall. If some screws are loose you may have had some water intrusion and now have some rot or the particle board is saturated.
Caulk it up and let it dry out.
You might want to look on the inside for some soft spots.

Peace
Dave

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Mike, I had the front part of one of mine come loose and the screw was gone. I found a little longer screw and by putting it in at a sight angle was able to catch good wood and it has been ok for a year or so.