Snap Pad removal

bigdob24

As I can’t get new ones I wonder if anyone has had success with removing and reinstalling a set of snap pads.
Any tips
BD

jleavitt11

retired Utah Chapter Leaders
As I can’t get new ones I wonder if anyone has had success with removing and reinstalling a set of snap pads.
Any tips
BD

I have not removed one on purpose but I did tear one off on a dirt bank in the mountains. I just cleaned it and reinstalled as you would a new one. It worked great.

danemayer

I replaced a front landing jack. The Snap Pad came off the old jack and went on the new jack without any difficulty.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I replaced a front landing jack. The Snap Pad came off the old jack and went on the new jack without any difficulty.

What technique did you use to remove it? I was gifted a pair of red Anderson Jack Blocks, and I want to try them on the front legs but haven’t taken the plunge to remove the snap pads. They won’t fit the Anderson block with them on.

239090f0dfb65d33493b472f34946d25.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

Erica,

I would lube the top of the snap pad with soap and use a large pair of channel lock pliers to work a section of the pad off the edge of the foot. Then work your way around. Should not take much to do. Easy to put back on. Just need to pry it over the lip.

danemayer

What technique did you use to remove it? I was gifted a pair of red Anderson Jack Blocks, and I want to try them on the front legs but haven’t taken the plunge to remove the snap pads. They won’t fit the Anderson block with them on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think I had to do anything special. Just grabbed hold and pulled.

bigdob24

Thanks for the info.
Im just going to lube them with hot soapy water and slip them off
BD

bigdob24

Just popped 4 off in 5 min. Got some hot soapy water, poured enough to fill the bowl used a large pair of channel lock players and got ahold and pulled down enough to stick a flat bar in and gently worked it around till it fell off, very easy.
Will clean them up and pop them on the new RV.
BD

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Raise your level up jack legs and then put pressure down on a corner with your foot. Comes right off!

Rod

Daley07

I like this Camco jack pad’s one-piece nesting design. People can place it in an RV parking area where the travel trailer’s leveling jack does not reach the ground. It bridges the gap between the jack foot and the ground surface. There is no need to stack several RV stabilizer jack blocks because one is enough to raise the vehicle to a height equivalent to five stacked jack pads.