Side porch step missing

Lost_my_beer

Hello.
Just took delivery of a new Cyclone 4270 but the side porch step was missing. Dealer couldnt find it. I showed them their own sales pics where the step is strapped to the garage! The mgr then ran around the lot and grabbed a new one from another rig...which is probably what happened to mine. Got home and decided to bring the porch down and get acquainted. Turns out they do not come close to fitting. Going to call them tomorrow and get a new one.
Does anyone have a close up pic of the step and how it attaches? Looks like it might attach to the floor and maybe the railing?
need to make sure mine is def wrong...maybe I am just missing a bracket?
Thanks,
Troy

Burnsze15

Yes it does. Its higher than the rear one. It had a bracket that attaches to the floor and the railing.

Hey Im taking delivery of a new 4270 week after next man. Keep me posted on things to look for and anything of value!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lost_my_beer

Thanks!
Congrats on the rig.
Check for steps obviously! And ask how the rear camera gets power...another issue I am having. Other than that it is pretty straight forward.
Troy

Burnsze15

4030eae59ce518fbd53620761db74115.jpg

h2oskierc

Thanks!
Congrats on the rig.
Check for steps obviously! And ask how the rear camera gets power...another issue I am having. Other than that it is pretty straight forward.
Troy

In the rear camera, is it a backup/observation camera? Try turning your headlights on. With my Chevy/North Trail, they have to actually be turned on, Auto won’t do it.

Lost_my_beer

Yea, thats how it was on my previous rig...that I stole it from.
No blue “on” light when installed, even with running lights on. When I pull the cam and plug it into the pigtail at the cig adaptor, blue light is on and vid displays. Trying to figure out which wires are white and white/yellow back there. Guess I might need to pull the center running light off which is right below it. Worst case, I can just tap into that.
Troy

pjones1969

Yea, thats how it was on my previous rig...that I stole it from.
No blue “on” light when installed, even with running lights on. When I pull the cam and plug it into the pigtail at the cig adaptor, blue light is on and vid displays. Trying to figure out which wires are white and white/yellow back there. Guess I might need to pull the center running light off which is right below it. Worst case, I can just tap into that.
Troy

Was it pre-wired with the mounting bracket already installed? If so, our 2017 Cyclone 3800 had an empty fuse holder in the front compartment which was for the camera power, see attached pic. I wouldn’t have known but read about it on another site before taking delivery.

Attachments

• 2733AEB9-AD30-4815-93A9-04EF1AFC3338.jpg
    2733AEB9-AD30-4815-93A9-04EF1AFC3338.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 23

Lost_my_beer

Yep, prewired. I did read ur post and looked. I do have that inline 10a fuse holder, but the 10a fuse is there. Kinda exited and hoping that was the issue. Guess not.
Thanks,
Troy

Burnsze15

Yep, prewired. I did read ur post and looked. I do have that inline 10a fuse holder, but the 10a fuse is there. Kinda exited and hoping that was the issue. Guess not.
Thanks,
Troy

Oh boy love a good Easter egg hunt! I’m following along!

Lost_my_beer

Lol!
Not gonna be too exciting for the next 3 weeks...leaving on a motorcycle camping trip in the morning. A bit of a stretch from my glamping as of late!
Troy

Lost_my_beer

Actually, I had a chance to take a look at it today.
I had already checked for a fuse in the in line fuse holder, which also looked good.
Came out today with a meter. Checked the power at the power strip-13ish. Checked power before the fuse at the connector-less than .5 v! Pulled the fuse again and check ohms. Nadda. Looked good but its bad. Hard to tell in this pic tho. Replaced with a new 15 amp fuse and viola! Power!
Thanks for the replies.
Troy

Attachments

• F4186CBD-F1B0-4DFE-AC88-591AA5612767.jpeg
    F4186CBD-F1B0-4DFE-AC88-591AA5612767.jpeg
    41.2 KB · Views: 27

Burnsze15

Hey if you have a secknd can you tell me what the slideout width are? Im trying to order slide toppers for the two of them and I cant get the dealer to send me the measurements. If you have the time I appreciate it. The outer measurement is fine unless you have it open and can tell me what the inner is (subtract the outer flanges). ETrailer is having a free shipping event and Id love to get these shipped for free, esp the long one.

Thanks!!!

Lost_my_beer

I wish I saw this a few hours ago. I am leaving break of dawn for an 8000 mile motorcycle camping trip. I def can as soon as I get back, but Im sure it will be too late by then.
Sorry bud.
Troy

Burnsze15

Okay I cant find this info anywhere. Is the large slide an electrically driven or hydraulically driven rack and pinion?

danemayer

Okay I cant find this info anywhere. Is the large slide an electrically driven or hydraulically driven rack and pinion?

With the slide extended, look underneath. If you see rack and pinion gear and a metal shaft about 1" diameter, it's hydraulic.

Burnsze15

Thanks, I wont place eyes in it until Wednesday, hoping someone who owns one can let me know. I can call the dealer and ask.

Burnsze15

Quick question, are we supposed to get the hand rails for the side rear porch steps? My 4270 didnt have them.