4k UHD TV for 2016 Bighorn 3010re

My wife and I purchased a 2016 Bighorn 3010re and love the coach!
I am interested in upgrading the living room TV to a 4k UHD model.
Unfortunately my choices are limited to either a 49 or 50 inch model which appears to be slightly taller than will fit in the tv slot.
Has anyone successfully upgraded their living room television to a 4k UHD model?
If so, what television (brand / model) did you use?

Thanks!!
Gary

danemayer

HI garysclark,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I'm curious about your reason for shopping 4K TVs. What source of 4K programming are you planning on using?

SNOKING

HI garysclark,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I'm curious about your reason for shopping 4K TVs. What source of 4K programming are you planning on using?

Directv tech I recently had replacing a DVR said there is very limited 4K programming available. If his new to him trailer does not have a hardwired EMS, that would be a much better place to spend money. Chris

donr827

When I wanted to change my TV in the living room I went to BestBuy and looked at all the brands. I ended up with a Samsung which gave me a much better picture.

I am actually not looking to watch 4k TV.
I am interested in using the television as a primary monitor for work and would like higher resolution than HDMI (1920 x 1080).
I just can't find a direct replacement for the current television (47") in 4k.
49" - 50" are the closest size (I don't want to go smaller) but appear to be too high for the retractable stand (a little over 25" in total height clearance when extended).
Was looking to see if anyone has done this upgrade.

Thanks

Garypowell

Our situation is different since we are stationary but we have a 2013 3010 RE. I Removed the drop down 49” and moved it to bedroom. Had to manufacture an adapter plate so it would fit.

bought 55” and attached it to living room up/down system but as you have discovered it won’t lower all the way....but we don’t care as we don’t move. And we get 4K via the internet and love it.

I think you have two choices:

1. Buy your bigger Tv, mount it on the drop down mechanism (you’ll also have to widen the hole too) drop it as far as it will go and devise something (noodles??) to hold it steady when you travel.

2. Buy your TV and use the supplied legs and stand it on the “mantle” and when you move....put it on the bed.

and enjoy!

Dumboldles

How did you guys remove the original tv from the stand? I needed to get into that area to check on the stereo speakers and found that I would need to remove the tv from the stand...I gave up because it was to darn awkward and the original screws were stripped.

Dumboldles

Initially, I thought the screws were stripped as well.
Actually, you need to use a square bit and they should come out.
I found that I had to remove the top two screws to remove the television.
You should be able to leave the bottom two screws in place once you loosen them.