New owners from Michigan!

Hi there! We are new to Heartland and new to RVing! We will be taking delivery of our new North Trail 22FBS next Tuesday and are excited to get started! This forum looks like it has just a wealth of information. We are open to learning anything and everything! Right now, we are curious about what covers y'all recommend? Our trailer will be stored outdoors year-round and we can get some pretty cold, windy, and snowy winters! Thanks! Jeff and Marcy Schulman

danemayer

Hi Jeff,

Congratulations on the new rig and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I'm sure you'll get some opinions on covers shortly.

jnv

We have a 2014 NT22FBS. We are in Wisconsin and also experience snowy, windy and cold winters. We do not have a cover over the trailer and haven't had any problems. We do, however, place a cover on the air conditioner and tires for winter storage at our home.

Jv75353

Congrats on your new North Trail and welcome to the forum. We are also in Michigan, but store our rig inside.

h2oskierc

Congratulations! We are in Minnesota and got our North Trail a little over a month ago. Our first trailer as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoveredWagon

We live in FL but cover our rig during the winter if not used for a couple of months. Granted our winters aren't like yours (We used to live in MI). I have an ADECO cover. It's on its 3rd year and is starting to show some wear. I think it'll be good or so a couple more years. Like the say you get what you pay for. ADECO has several levels of covers. Shop on line before you run to CW.

carl.swoyer

I have a 40 foot cover it is about 6 years old started falling apart last year. Not in terrible condition but it's a laboring job to cover a 40 foot fifth wheel.
I think it's a Delco from camping world.
I did get it on clearance during a store relocation inventory sale. 45$.
My personal thought is,.. in your environment would be a rv carport with a couple of panels down each side

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

h2oskierc

I have a 40 foot cover it is about 6 years old started falling apart last year. Not in terrible condition but it's a laboring job to cover a 40 foot fifth wheel.
I think it's a Delco from camping world.
I did get it on clearance during a store relocation inventory sale. 45$.
My personal thought is,.. in your environment would be a rv carport with a couple of panels down each side

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

A carport would be awesome! My city wouldn’t allow it. Not sure about OP. I hope I can find a deal like that this fall!

h2oskierc

The looks of it. It’s dumb. To me that would look better than my trailer sitting in my driveway with a cover.

That’s OK.