Manifold vs Water Pump Problem

george637

I was having an issue with my water pump cycling off and on on my 3270rs fifth wheel. I thought it was a problem with my water pump, so I called Heartland and ordered a new one. However, after I installed the new pump, I still had the problem with it cycling off and on. I was stumped, so I called the local RV mobile repair man. He quickly determined it was a leak in the manifold. He had to contact Heartland to order a new manifold, and when we received it, we discovered that Heartland changed the fittings from plastic in the old model to brass in the new model. The new design should prevent future cracking of the manifold. I just wanted to share this information on this forum, in case anyone else has this issue, so that you can check out your manifold rather than order a new water pump. By the way, if you are camping in Citrus County, Florida and need a mobile repair service, I highly recommend Justin from Mac's Mobile RV Repair and Maintenance: http://www.macsmobilervrepair.com/

George R
Full-time RVer
Anywhere USA
2016 Bighorn 3270rs
2016 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Dually
Safe travels everyone!

CoveredWagon

Sounds like you are talking about the Andersen valve. You can also just order a replacement / repair kit (a 5minute repair job). Remember NEVER switch the 4 way Andersn valve under pressure.