What heater element do I need?

I need to replace the electric water heater element on a 2011 3585RL. Could someone tell me the correct part number? I'm about 3 hours from my camper so a little help would be greatly appreciated.
I believe it is the element that needs replacing. My wife turned on the inside hot water switch before there was water in the tank. It works fine on propane so I'm guessing the element burnt up. Thanks for your help.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I just replaced mine with one from a RV dealer near where we keep our trailer. It’s 9” long (the actual element). If you look in the forum users guides (Tool tab), you should be able to find the manual for it along with a parts diagram. The part number will be there.

Unfortunately, I’m not a the rig and don’t have my notes with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You don't need anything special for your water heater element. If you go to a big box building center or even a hardware store all you need is a 110-120 volt short water heater element. They are either long, about 12" or short, about 6 or 7".
You will also want to a water heater element install tool. Basically a large socket that includes a rod for a T-handle.
Be careful as the water will be scalding hot and under pressure. Turn the water heater off then run hot water till it runs cool. Then turn off the water supply and relieve the pressure in the water heater. Also be sure to disconnect all 110 volt power supply at the pedestal.

Peace
Dave

SLO

I need to replace the electric water heater element on a 2011 3585RL. Could someone tell me the correct part number? I'm about 3 hours from my camper so a little help would be greatly appreciated.
I believe it is the element that needs replacing. My wife turned on the inside hot water switch before there was water in the tank. It works fine on propane so I'm guessing the element burnt up. Thanks for your help.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004RCXD0G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It is fairly simple to do. There is actually a good YouTube video, if you’re not sure about it. You do have to remove the gas tube from the valve assembly to get at it, though. While you’re at it, check the little switch works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk