Which trim/models are higher end/better equipped

Hello

I have done some searching and while Heartland is newer to me I didn’t know the full gamut of the Thor/Heartland/Cruiser world until I started searching and I am trying to wrap my head around which versions are considered the top trim of the various brands.

To be specific I am looking at are 25/26’ in length depending on what specs you read with a Heartland Sundance 221RB, Cruiser MPG 2120RB, CrossRoads Sunset Trail 212RB. Each are almost the same floor plan, ShadowCruiser 225RBS (seems like a lesser trim?)and FunFinder 22RB also have the similar floor plan. NorthTrail and Wilderness do not have this plan, the closest is the 28 foot with full rear bath but we do not like how the kitchen is situated.

is there any other models I may have missed that have this floor plan? Which is considered the “higher end”? I see the Sundance has electric jacks and the others do not. Other than that I cannot see anything that says hey I am the nicer trim. Not every dealer nearby has each of their respective offerings in stock either so I am web searching until I can decide which I want to narrow it to. Most are 2020’s, very few 2019’s left but more 2021’s on the way.

thanks in advance

Fox

This is MY (Heartland brand) bias: the Landmarks are the top dog - followed by the Bighorns and then the Big Country.
EDIT IN: then above them there are the specialty manufacturers (one example are the DRVs).

But what really counts is what you perceive, not my opinion.

This is MY (Heartland brand) bias: the Landmarks are the top dog - followed by the Bighorns and then the Big Country.
EDIT IN: then above them there are the specialty manufacturers (one example are the DRVs).

But what really counts is what you perceive, not my opinion.

okay thanks but none of those are bumper pull travel trailers lines or at least not that I have found.

Fox

Well then ... another opinion is called for.
My last bumper pull was an 04 HiLo, they've been out of business 10 years.

I believe the dealer is more important than the name on it; find one you trust and listen to his advice.
Sorry I can't be more helpful.

pedirob

The number of different brands from the same manufacturer is mind boggling. I'm not sure there is a distinct hierarchy. It seems like they make the same thing in 20 different color schemes.

You really have to walk through some trailers to get a feel for them. The online pictures always look perfect and don't give you a good sense of what it's like. But if you walk through any model of a particular brand, you'll get a good sense of what that brand is like, even if that's not the floor plan you want.

When you start walking through them, you will see that some have nicer materials than others, but a lot of this is a matter of personal taste.

Features that suggest a higher-end product:
-Metal instead of plastic faucets
-Solid countertops instead of laminate on wood
-Thicker walls (2" vs. 1.5")
-Steel instead of plastic sinks
-Laminate flooring instead of linoleum
-Power stabilizer jacks
-Power tongue jack
Etc.

Good luck shopping! It's overwhelming but once you find the right one, you will love it!

danemayer

Explaining product positioning across a bunch of Thor brands (of which Heartland is just one) is a tough ask. People on this forum may not have a broad enough perspective to provide a useful answer.

I agree with the previous responses. Walk through a few that have similar floor plans to get a feel for differences. Sit on the furniture. Open and close drawers. Look at how the controls are laid out.