Thread: Water leak from under belly

1. Print this Post   #1

Water leak from under belly

I have a 2008 30 ft Sundance fifth wheel. I am having an issue of a water leak from the under belly it appears to be fresh water. Last time out last year I was on fresh water. Was out for 3 days no issues until I pulled the unit to the dump station then 3-5 gallons of water came out of the under belly midship. This spring filled fresh water tank and both grey water and the black water tanks. Took it on a drive around the neighborhood came back turned on pump and let it sit for 3 hours no leaks. Took it out spent 3 days on fresh water tank no issues until I connected to truck to pull out then water came out of under belly aft. Took it into the shop. They had it for 4 days pressurizing the tanks and running water down traps no leaks. Pulled some screws from unde belly looked in could see no evidence of leaks. We went out for 4 days using our fresh water tank no issues. Until I hooked up to truck then 4-5 gallons water came out of under belly midship. Appears to be fresh water. Any ideas?

2. Print this Post   #2

Re: Water leak from under belly

Quote Originally Posted by jamess2345 View Post
    I have a 2008 30 ft Sundance fifth wheel. I am having an issue of a water leak from the under belly it appears to be fresh water. Last time out last year I was on fresh water. Was out for 3 days no issues until I pulled the unit to the dump station then 3-5 gallons of water came out of the under belly midship. This spring filled fresh water tank and both grey water and the black water tanks. Took it on a drive around the neighborhood came back turned on pump and let it sit for 3 hours no leaks. Took it out spent 3 days on fresh water tank no issues until I connected to truck to pull out then water came out of under belly aft. Took it into the shop. They had it for 4 days pressurizing the tanks and running water down traps no leaks. Pulled some screws from unde belly looked in could see no evidence of leaks. We went out for 4 days using our fresh water tank no issues. Until I hooked up to truck then 4-5 gallons water came out of under belly midship. Appears to be fresh water. Any ideas?
    It appears that you do not have any kind of a leak from a tank, etc. It may be possible that you are overflowing your tank and that water is accumulating somewhere in the underbelly. Then when you hook up, the level of the trailer causes it to run out. I would do what you’ve been doing and while the underbelly is somewhat open, take a look while you are hooking up your truck.
    Eddie and Jomaye
    HOC #7088

2015 Heartland Cyclone 4100 HD
    -4 U Cam observation camera
    -Winegard Pathway X2
    -On The Go Double Standard softener
    -Splendide washer/dryer combo
    -TireMinder bluetooth TPMS
    -RV Smart 50 amp surge protector

2019 Ford F-350 DRW FX4 Lariat
    -Ultimate Lariat package
    -4:10 LS gears